Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    It don't matter, that money came from Bama's stash
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    It depends on how cold it still feels. When I worked at a Wal-Mart and somebody couldn't check out an item, we'd do a "feel" test. We did put some stuff back. Sometimes, I'd wrap it up and place it in a cooler near me if it wasn't frozen and if it wouldn't be a hazard.
    Those polices depend and very state to state, and even store to store. Here where I live my mother was a CSM at the local Walmart, and they would toss any thing that made it to the front but couldn't be paid for. They can't vouch for how long it was in the cart, and how long the customer wandered the store. And the managers don't want to get sued.
    I agree that what some of these people did is pretty crappy. They probably won't be throw into jail, but they may be told they have to pay the government back.
    (Checking to make sure this is still Lanie)

Not their fault, and they won't be held accountable, and they won't have to repay anything or see a reduction in next months deposit.

The store will be paid in full, they did nothing wrong thou they knew there was a problem. Unless their corporate got a call telling them to halt, their under no obligation to not sell.

Now the Q. comes down to the company that manages those cards. If in their contract that if a problem like this arises, they liable for the mistake, if not, then the state pays.

I work retail in a Grocery store, and all of you are sickened by this.

Come and join me first weekend of the month. Watch the large amounts of T-bones, Porterhouses, hell even the sale of lobster. The over flowing carts full of pop and chips.

Then see who's buying it all, join us as we play our monthly game of "Guess how much that latest tattoo cost".

Or my favorite. Can you count all the piercings.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    It don't matter, that money came from Bama's stash
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Those polices depend and very state to state, and even store to store. Here where I live my mother was a CSM at the local Walmart, and they would toss any thing that made it to the front but couldn't be paid for. They can't vouch for how long it was in the cart, and how long the customer wandered the store. And the managers don't want to get sued.(Checking to make sure this is still Lanie)

Not their fault, and they won't be held accountable, and they won't have to repay anything or see a reduction in next months deposit.

The store will be paid in full, they did nothing wrong thou they knew there was a problem. Unless their corporate got a call telling them to halt, their under no obligation to not sell.

Now the Q. comes down to the company that manages those cards. If in their contract that if a problem like this arises, they liable for the mistake, if not, then the state pays.

I work retail in a Grocery store, and all of you are sickened by this.

Come and join me first weekend of the month. Watch the large amounts of T-bones, Porterhouses, hell even the sale of lobster. The over flowing carts full of pop and chips.

Then see who's buying it all, join us as we play our monthly game of "Guess how much that latest tattoo cost".

Or my favorite. Can you count all the piercings.
    I would have thought that customers would be held responsible because they're told how much they *should* have on the card. I do remember seeing those abuses in EBT when I worked for a Wal-Mart and a convenience store. Steaks didn't bother me as much as snack pies. Snack pies? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Snack pies? Really?
    That is one of the basic food groups and necessary for good nutrition, what the heck is wrong with you?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    That is one of the basic food groups and necessary for good nutrition, what the heck is wrong with you?
    I will admit that it can be good for sanity, but nothing else. Actually, my mom does tend to eat ice cream when her sugar goes low.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Update.

Jindal moves to strip food stamps from abusers

Via Baton Rouge Advocate:

The Jindal administration announced late Wednesday that it is moving to strip food stamps from recipients who took advantage of a technical glitch last month to stock up on free groceries.

The announcement came after U.S. Sen. David Vitter, R-La., pressured state officials to take action by taking away food stamp benefits and forming a task force with local prosecutors to bring criminal charges. Retailers lost money when they allowed food stamp recipients to leave their stores with groceries even though they could not check spending limits. When the transactions were processed later, thousands bounced back because recipients exceeded their food stamp balances.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Racist bastard!!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!