1. #1 Bob Schiefer Says Boehner May be Gone Soon 
    Dump Boehner

Personally, I hope the Republicans ditch Boehner, soon. As far as the Democrats, Schiefer says that they were ready to make a deal but looked at the poll numbers and decided to "crush" the Republicans. So much for that warm, loving bunch of libs. Never mind how they're punishing visitors to national parks, etc, but as we all knew, it's all about power--theirs. A pox on them. Blech.

[QUOTE]House Speaker John Boehner could be in danger of losing his speakership – and soon – if what "Face the Nation" host Bob Schieffer is hearing is true.

"I hear Republicans saying to me, 'Look, you may not like Speaker Boehner, you may have all kind of differences with Speaker Boehner,' but if he is toppled, and some are saying to me he could be toppled this weekend if things don't go exactly right, that what you get after Boehner would be worse to deal with than trying to strike a deal with Speaker Boehner," Schieffer said on the program Sunday while interviewing Sen. Chuck Schumer, a New York Democrat.

Schieffer also said that he has been told off the record that Democrats were close to accepting a deal late Thursday and early Friday, but that oncean NBC/Wall Street Journal poll was released that showed Republicans getting most of the blame for the government shutdown, "far left" Democrats got more backbone

"They said, hey, we've got the Republicans down. What we need to do now is put our boot on their throat and break them," Schieffer said.

Schumer denied the last assessment, but Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., said later on the show that Schieffer was accurate with his characterization

[/QUOTE]
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

It wasn't the Capitol where the vets dumped those Barry-cades, I'm not sure how much faith I'd really want to put in a single poll, especially when both of its sponsors have pretty well-known agendas of their own.

Boehner should go. He told Stephanopolis that he had a deal with Obama in July, but that the party decided to tie Obamacare to it and reneged on the deal.

Whether that is true or not, he's not exactly handling his cards well.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Boehner should go. He told Stephanopolis that he had a deal with Obama in July, but that the party decided to tie Obamacare to it and reneged on the deal.

I doubt if there's anyone in the GOP side of the House who could do any better at juggling the wildly-disparate goals of the various GOP factions, especially faced with an imperial President owning the Senate Majority Leader so they can just Mutt-and-Jeff him all day long. Whoever gets the job will (As Boehner has) piss off half to two-thirds of the Party, it's pretty much a no-win situation for anyone in that chair.

While I'm no fan, I also don't see how things could have come out drastically better under anyone else. Contrary to what most of us want to believe, a majority of Americans are not dying to take a hard right turn, they really want the Government to just fade into the background noise of their daily lives and simply not screw up anything that directly affects them. The people seriously committed to either Conservative or Liberal political goals and knowledgeable - or even caring about more than one major issue - are far below the percentage it takes to actually win an election for either side, so plays to the base are reserved for times like now, in the dead zone smack between Congressional elections. Losing the base may cost you an election, which has been a problem for the GOP lately, but actually satisfying it can be just as much ballot-box poison too, if it's over something that won't fly with the Center.

If your Boehner lasts longer than four hours (priapism), consult a doctor immediately.

The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post

I agree. Boehner should go as well as 0bama, Biden, Reid, Schumer, Pelosi, McCain, Feinstein, Boxer, Graham; the entire corrupt pile of putrid dung. They are all liars and crooks and deserve zero respect, especially your much beloved messiah, 0blowme.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

DAT accurately described the mood of the country.

"Congress, you're all dirtgrabbing assclowns and we despise you, but we really don't want to hear any more crap about the the government being shut down. Just get it done. Open it back up again NOW.

"Oh, and if it means we have to borrow more money so the f'n Fed can print it, so be it. Adhering to a budget isn't important, because Barry promised all of us free shit. And we want our free shit.

"We just want to watch our mindless television, enjoy the baseball playoffs, and otherwise enjoy our free shit without having to watch a bunch of veterans take apart Barry's barrycades and dump them in a pile.

"Congress, just put your empty suits on and make sure the Fed can spend more money. After all, we deserve it."
    U.S. Army, Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    I agree. Boehner should go as well as 0bama, Biden, Reid, Schumer, Pelosi, McCain, Feinstein, Boxer, Graham; the entire corrupt pile of putrid dung. They are all liars and crooks and deserve zero respect, especially your much beloved messiah, 0blowme.
    That's pretty much my list of most disliked folk. will concede that no one could probably get anywhere with Obummer, who will only bow to Mideast leaders, won't defend our troops from terrorists, has the military think that in trouble, the administration definitely doesn't have their backs. Harry Reid and Pelosi are two absolutely disgusting individuals.

I was going to start a thread/poll trying to figure the most disliked politician, but there were more candidates than capacity in the poll software. Besides, there were so many that I couldn't figure out who to include. obama, pelosi and reid were the obvious choices, but then there's always McCain.

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"

Quote Originally Posted by Eupher View Post
    DAT accurately described the mood of the country.

"Congress, you're all dirtgrabbing assclowns and we despise you, but we really don't want to hear any more crap about the the government being shut down. Just get it done. Open it back up again NOW.

"Oh, and if it means we have to borrow more money so the f'n Fed can print it, so be it. Adhering to a budget isn't important, because Barry promised all of us free shit. And we want our free shit.

"We just want to watch our mindless television, enjoy the baseball playoffs, and otherwise enjoy our free shit without having to watch a bunch of veterans take apart Barry's barrycades and dump them in a pile.

"Congress, just put your empty suits on and make sure the Fed can spend more money. After all, we deserve it."
    Very sad, isn't it? Obummer really accomplished his hope and change. I hope anyone with a conscience who voted for that person feels at least a little bit guilty for contributing to the ruination of a great and glorious country.

"