Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jay howard View Post
    Where do you fall in the spectrum of 9/11 conspiracies? It seems like a subject that has no political affiliation. Doubt has no political party. The kneejerk reaction of a lot of people may be to lump me in one of two political parties, but the truth is it's much more complicated than that.

I'm curious if we can drop the kabuki theatre of our politics for a minute and have a real discussion about how close we are to crossing the Rubicon or if we already have. And if so, who exactly lead the crossing? We're adults here. I want to know what people think.

So, until I figure out how to post a proper poll, these are the categories under which it makes sense to break it down:

1. The government did it. No doubt about it. The people in power are directly responsible for the 9/11 attacks.

2. The attacks are a direct and sole result of 19 muslim hijackers who's only goal in life is to hate America and meet their 72 virgins and live in heaven.

3. A group of subcontractors had connections to the intel community and decided to get paid.

4. A complex set of circumstances set about after the planes crashed and caused a series of events which were, in retrospect, inevitable.

5. There was some fuckery about which I cannot exactly put my finger on.

It's very possible to be both 2 and 4. It's also possible to be 1 and 4. There is a lot of play here, but ultimately, what is your take on the events 12 years later. Personally, I have a hard time believing official story. I'm a 5,4 kinda theorist to be precise. Where are you?
    6. You're an idiot who refuses to accept what you saw with your own eyes on TV...that Muslim terrorists flew jet liners loaded withfuel into those buildings and brought them down.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    6. You're an idiot who refuses to accept what you saw with your own eyes on TV...that Muslim terrorists flew jet liners loaded withfuel into those buildings and brought them down.
    I'm going to have to go with #6 as well. It's the most truthful answer to the poll.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Maybe we need to conduct another experiment with chicken wire. But I'll play along:

9/11 happened because of a breakdown in our intelligence gathering brought on by policies set forth by Bill Clinton. These terrorists didn't start planning this attack on January 20, 2001. It began much sooner than that. So, as much as you leftists want to believe Bush planned and carried out this attack, if Clinton hadn't thrown up walls around our intelligence structure this could have been avoided.

Oh, and I love it when you leftist say how stupid Bush was however you hold him responsible for masterminding the worst terror attack the world has ever seen. Can't have it both ways.
    Last edited by NJCardFan; 10-17-2013 at 10:53 AM.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

And to really piss you leftists off, there is more logic behind the fact that Clinton was behind the OKC bombing than Bush was behind 9/11.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Evil_Conservative from CC, her husband and I ran into a group of truthers at a local outdoor festival. They even had their own tent. The tent reminded me of a clown car. An unlimited number of people with crazy hair kept coming out of that tent.

One of the truthers and I had an interesting discussion on facebook, the guy seemed angry.

One of the truthers and I had an interesting discussion on facebook, the guy seemed angry.
    Wasn't Jesse Ventura was it?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Wasn't Jesse Ventura was it?
    LOL.

Some local guy. Told me about the undamaged passports the FBI found near the crash scene and all that other BS.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    The theory I heard was that the FDR had intelligence info that Japan was going to attack Pearl Harbor, so he made sure that there were a substantial number of ships and personnel there to ensure the unity of the nation behind entering the war.
    Okay, let's look at that. If FDR wanted the Japanese to cause damage that would bring us into WWII, it meant that he actually planned on fighting them (otherwise, why get into the war?), but that he planned to do it without the bulk of our Pacific Fleet, because he'd have left them vulnerable to an attack that destroyed most of our battleships. Why would FDR have been willing to cripple the US Pacific Fleet, pretty much risking our only hope for victory against Japan, leaving the Philippines and Hawaii with insufficient forces to protect ourselves, instead of leaving a token force in Hawaii, which would have sustained sufficient damage from the sneak attack to still influence American opinion? Do you see why this theory is not simply illogical, but insanely stupid?

Please pass my explanation on to the person that you heard this from, and convey my hopes that a responsible adult will see to their care until science can find a cure for idiocy.

I'll buy #2 and #6.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    The theory I heard was that the FDR had intelligence info that Japan was going to attack Pearl Harbor, so he made sure that there were a substantial number of ships and personnel there to ensure the unity of the nation behind entering the war.
    My mother tells me that some folks at the time of his presidency insisted on calling FDR "President Rosenfeld" and claimed he was a secret jew and communist.