Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #21 Joe Biden's 14 Lies in the Debate 
    Fresh from the McCain people.

JOE BIDEN’S 14 LIES TONIGHT

1. TAX VOTE: Biden said McCain voted “the exact same way” as Obama to increase taxes on Americans earning just $42,000, but McCain DID NOT VOTE THAT WAY.

2. AHMEDINIJAD MEETING: Joe Biden lied when he said that Barack Obama never said that he would sit down unconditionally with Mahmoud Ahmedinijad of Iran. Barack Obama did say specifically, and Joe Biden attacked him for it.

3. OFFSHORE OIL DRILLING: Biden said, “Drill we must.” But Biden has opposed offshore drilling and even compared offshore drilling to “raping” the Outer Continental Shelf.”

4. TROOP FUNDING: Joe Biden lied when he indicated that John McCain and Barack Obama voted the same way against funding the troops in the field. John McCain opposed a bill that included a timeline, that the President of the United States had already said he would veto regardless of it’s passage.

5. OPPOSING CLEAN COAL: Biden says he’s always been for clean coal, but he just told a voter that he is against clean coal and any new coal plants in America and has a record of voting against clean coal and coal in the U.S. Senate.

6. ALERNATIVE ENERGY VOTES: According to FactCheck.org, Biden is exaggerating and overstating John McCain’s record voting for alternative energy when he says he voted against it 23 times.

7. HEALTH INSURANCE: Biden falsely said McCain will raise taxes on people's health insurance coverage -- they get a tax credit to offset any tax hike. Independent fact checkers have confirmed this attack is false

8. OIL TAXES: Biden falsely said Palin supported a windfall profits tax in Alaska -- she reformed the state tax and revenue system, it's not a windfall profits tax.

9. AFGHANISTAN / GEN. MCKIERNAN COMMENTS: Biden said that top military commander in Iraq said the principles of the surge could not be applied to Afghanistan, but the commander of NATO's International Security Assistance Force Gen. David D. McKiernan said that there were principles of the surge strategy, including working with tribes, that could be applied in Afghanistan.

10. REGULATION: Biden falsely said McCain weakened regulation -- he actually called for more regulation on Fannie and Freddie.

11. IRAQ: When Joe Biden lied when he said that John McCain was “dead wrong on Iraq”, because Joe Biden shared the same vote to authorize the war and differed on the surge strategy where they John McCain has been proven right.

12. TAX INCREASES: Biden said Americans earning less than $250,000 wouldn’t see higher taxes, but the Obama-Biden tax plan would raise taxes on individuals making $200,000 or more.

13. BAILOUT: Biden said the economic rescue legislation matches the four principles that Obama laid out, but in reality it doesn’t meet two of the four principles that Obama outlined on Sept. 19, which were that it include an emergency economic stimulus package, and that it be part of “part of a globally coordinated effort with our partners in the G-20.”

14. REAGAN TAX RATES: Biden is wrong in saying that under Obama, Americans won't pay any more in taxes then they did under Reagan.

Posted by: Ace at 10:45 PM
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

sorry but you're the third one to find this!:D

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    The costs I noted were total employer costs. The $7980 is a far cry from the $12,000 per year. Under McCain's plan, those costs would be taxable to the employee. Assuming that the employee is in a 20% tax bracket, that would cost the employee $1596. McCain's plan would give a $5,000 tax credit to be used towards this, so obviously there would be no net out of pocket for the employee that continues to have employer coverage.

The employer, on the other hand, would now have to pay payroll taxes on this amount, thereby theoretically increasing the SS benefit for that employee.
    Ah, sorry I misunderstood the series of posts.

Dupe

Damn minimum character rule...there, happy now? :)

The costs I noted were total employer costs. The $7980 is a far cry from the $12,000 per year. Under McCain's plan, those costs would be taxable to the employee. Assuming that the employee is in a 20% tax bracket, that would cost the employee $1596. McCain's plan would give a $5,000 tax credit to be used towards this, so obviously there would be no net out of pocket for the employee that continues to have employer coverage.

The employer, on the other hand, would now have to pay payroll taxes on this amount, thereby theoretically increasing the SS benefit for that employee.
    DON'T YOU DARE CONFUSE THE ISSUE WITH FACTS!!:mad:
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Ah, sorry I misunderstood the series of posts.
    Probably a bit unclear. We pay 100% of the employee costs for an individual. The employee pays 100% of any coverage beyond that.

Company pays about $850/Mo, Employee for family coverage pays about $225/Mo. Thats no deductable and a $40 copay. Employee only pays Nada.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    sorry but you're the third one to find this!:D
    Mea Culpa. :o
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I just checked ours and the annual cost for family, plus dental, is $7984.80.
    All these rates are going to vary widely, depending on the size of the company. My company has approximately 500 employees in 4 states. The employees supposedly pay half. I just computed that I pay $1225 a year for my health insurance and dental. The rates are higher for families, but don't have those numbers.

$12,000 is way high, unless it's for a small firm with high risk employees that never shops their insurance plan and gets it from a relative who's trying to get maximum commission.

Trivial but there's more;
    BIDEN: Can I respond? Look, all you have to do is go down Union Street with me in Wilmington or go to Katie’s Restaurant or walk into Home Depot with me where I spend a lot of time
    Katie's restaurant went out of business — during the Clinton Administration