1. #1 Immigration questions 
    Fabulous Poster
    If anyone knows the answer, please enlighten.

Something appears incongruent about the immigration situation. We have people who risk life by taking small boats from Cuba to the US. Meanwhile, we have Cuban-Americans who appear to go back and forth for social visits with no problem. We have Mexicans reported dying in the Sonoran Desert walking into the US, when a visit to El Paso shows Mexicans walking and driving into and out of the US at ease.

I don't get it. What determines who can travel freely and who has to sneak in and out?

The mules in the drug trade probably have a lot to do about it.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

I imagine those guys running through the desert have no plans on going back.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I

I don't get it. What determines who can travel freely and who has to sneak in and out?
    One is led by a thug named Castro who runs a country hostile to the U.S.

Though it seems hard to believe...Mexico is a somewhat democratic country and considered an ally.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    One is led by a thug named Castro who runs a country hostile to the U.S.

Though it seems hard to believe...Mexico is a somewhat democratic country and considered an ally.
    True, but that doesn't explain the free travel of some while others plot escape. I did ask a Vietnamese friend how it was that his family members could visit back and forth. He said that if you own property or a business in Vietnam it was considered collateral on your return. If you move to the US, you can ask permission (like for marriage) and there are fees ostensibly to repay the cost of your education. Mind you, this is a man whose mother engages in large cash transfers through a clearing house in LA and Hanoi and gets visits from greasy haired gangster looking guys with New Jersey plates on the shiny black grit car.