Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Gleen Beck, baseball caps, motor homes, NASCAR jackets, age, fried snickers bars, tail gate parties, guys who show up at rallies wearing pseudo SWAT attire and weapons. Right or wrong, these things and combinations of these things are associated with being a bit simple.
    And yet the only assholes that associate those things with the TEA Party are arrogant Liberal assclowns like you.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Honorable Republicans can't get elected because they insist on pandering to religious nuts who vote for other religious nuts in the primaries and then declare the winners to be RINO.
    Absolutely right.

Just a small note that there's a major difference between somebody who is fiscally conservative and one who is socially conservative. You might find more social conservatives not knowing much about science IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Absolutely right.

Just a small note that there's a major difference between somebody who is fiscally conservative and one who is socially conservative. You might find more social conservatives not knowing much about science IMO.
    IMO your "theory" is full of shit. More typical Libtrad assumptions.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Fabulous Poster
    The funny thing about this story is how some self labeled conservatives have reacted to it.

Here's what happened:

A Yale prof did a study in which he expected Tea Partiers to do slightly but noticeably worse in a subject area than some other people. One would not expect him to say so, but we can reasonably assume that he didn't expect the Tea Partiers to do worse than, say, the Al Sharpton demographic.

He ran his numbers and they showed something other than what he expected, ie that Tea Partiers were slightly more scientifically literate. Of course, as always, we need to know the actual questions to convince ourselves, but that's not relevant to this discussion.

He didn't go back and rework the numbers to "norm" and "weight" and magic wand of Phd to make them fit his desired result. He published his result and commented that it surprised him.

Now you would think that the mere right to a good "I told you so." would be in order for those poor maligned defenders of the Tea Party... but for some reason they still want to attack this man and call him names.

I used to work for a man who had an obsessive need to correct others. Once, just to test my observation, I listened to whatever his harangue of the day was, and then repeated it back to him for confirmation. The first word out of his mouth was "No, what I mean is...."

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Yes, but why is it associated with a less intellectual sort
    People who profess to believe that the world was created in 6 days a mere thousands of years ago by a god who in the minds of most people looks remarkably like Zeus tend to leave one with the impression that science is not their strong suit.

People who profess to believe that the world was created in 6 days a mere thousands of years ago by a god who in the minds of most people looks remarkably like Zeus tend to leave one with the impression that science is not their strong suit.
    If anyone wonders why that professor came to the conclusion he did...here is Exhibit A.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    If anyone wonders why that professor came to the conclusion he did...here is Exhibit A.
    Repeat after me: mythology is not science, mythology is not science.

Exhibit B.

Power CUer
    Like the myth of being born gay.

NOT a science.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    IMO your "theory" is full of shit. More typical Libtrad assumptions.
    If you're going around saying that the earth is six thousand years old and insist there's no such thing as evolution despite medical science referring to things that had to do with evolution (ex. mutation), then you don't know science. Either that or you don't want to know. No, I don't have statistics about how many tea party members are like that.