1. #1 Daily Kos: Obamacare will double my monthly premium 
    The lefties who supported this abomination of a bill are now discovering it's going to hurt them:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/0...onthly-premium

"My wife and I just got our updates from Kaiser telling us what our 2014 rates will be. Her monthly has been $168 this year, mine $150. We have a high deductible. We are generally healthy people who don't go to the doctor often. I barely ever go. The insurance is in case of a major catastrophe.

Well, now, because of Obamacare, my wife's rate is gong to $302 per month and mine is jumping to $284.

I am canceling insurance for us and I am not paying any fucking penalty. What the hell kind of reform is this?

Oh, ok, if we qualify, we can get some government assistance. Great. So now I have to jump through another hoop to just chisel some of this off. And we don't qualify, anyway, so what's the point?

I never felt too good about how this was passed and what it entailed, but I figured if it saved Americans money, I could go along with it.

I don't know what to think now. This appears, in my experience, to not be a reform for the people.

What am I missing?

I realize I will probably get screamed at for posting this, but I can't imagine I am the only Californian who just received a rate increase from Kaiser based on these new laws."

The comments fall into several groups; those who refuse to believe that it's the result of Obamacare, some who do believe it, and some who think that it's a good thing that he's being forced to buy coverage that he doesn't want. This is why I didn't want the government shut down. It distracted from the rollout, and gave the Democrats cover. If the Republicans had instead insisted on closing the waivers and subsidees to congressional staff, it would have been a much more effective message. Then, it would have been Democratic intransigence over applying the law universally, something that even the media would have had difficulty spinning.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

We are generally healthy people who don't go to the doctor often. I barely ever go. The insurance is in case of a major catastrophe.
    And who, precisely did they think was going cover the cost for those with preexisting conditions, and who need subsidies?

Liberals may not be stupid or unintelligent, per se, but they universally seem to lack a basic ability to assemble cause and effect in more than two iterations.
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.

~John Adams

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    You guys should read his older blog post over there. Some of them would, or should have got him tomb-stoned for even posting it.

Dick Cheney Endorsed Gay Marriage in 2009

It is sad to watch everyone jump for joy over the Presiden't's eventual realization that gay couples should have the same rights as everyone else.

He didn't ta

Politics in this country is nothing more than team fandom.

Jump for joy, but don't make this into something it is not. The President is a political opportunist and you have been played. Yeah yeah yeah he's got my vote.

But don't lie to yourself. Obama is four years behind Cheney on this issue. Explain that.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    The comments fall into several groups; those who refuse to believe that it's the result of Obamacare, some who do believe it, and some who think that it's a good thing that he's being forced to buy coverage that he doesn't want. This is why I didn't want the government shut down. It distracted from the rollout, and gave the Democrats cover. If the Republicans had instead insisted on closing the waivers and subsidees to congressional staff, it would have been a much more effective message. Then, it would have been Democratic intransigence over applying the law universally, something that even the media would have had difficulty spinning.
    We are in 100% agreement here.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg