1. #1 Pelosi on pork project: ‘What difference does it make?’ 
    By Stephen Dinan
    -
    The Washington Times
    Thursday, October 17, 2013

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi Thursday said she can’t answer for why pork-barrel items snuck into the debt and spending bill that passed Congress late Thursday, but said the press should stop focusing on that and instead look at the broader debt fight.
    “What difference does it make?” Mrs. Pelosi said when she was asked repeatedly about the items, which include a $174,000 payment to the widow of the late multimillionaire Sen. Frank Lautenberg and a $2 billion maximum price increase on a dam project on the Ohio River that Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell had supported as an earmark in previous years.
    The House Democratic leader said there were other reasons to be upset with the bill, including that it doesn’t spend as much as she wanted. But she said focusing on pork projects was missing the fight.
    “If you want to have an objection to the bill, there are bigger things,” she said.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz2i8OMDyNM
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Bless her heart, her and Hillary are peas in a pod, they ought to run together on the same ticket.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

It is just me, or does this seem to be the most corrupt Congress ever?

That should be the Dems campaign motto for 2014 and 2016--"What difference does it make?"

And Mitch M should be replaced as minority leader by the Republicans.

Tonight we got a call from a Tea Party group gearing up for action to get rid of the rascals. We made a small donation. I just hang up on the Republicans.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    And Mitch M should be replaced as minority leader by the Republicans.
    Mitch needs to be replaced by the people of Kentucky.

Grahamnesty needs to be replaced by the people of SC.

Juan McCain needs to be replaced by the people of Arizona.

Rubio needs to be replaced by the people of Florida.

Boner needs to be replaced by the people of Ohio.

And on and on and on.....................

And those are just the repubs.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    No, that would be the congress from 2007-2011 when the Dems re-took control and passed TARP, the stimulus, cap and tax, took over GM, etc. It was like having Boss Tweed i power all over again.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    I honestly think that it's another example of our simply knowing more about it.

People are so quick to accuse others of "class envy" when they question the wealth of millionaires, but something which jumps out at me in casual research about various tycoons is that somewhere between the four stool root beer stand and the chain of hotels are government contracts. That doesn't mean that a person didn't work hard, show ingenuity, or take risks. It just means that there is an element of influence which is glided over in most descriptions of their rise to wealth. It means that great wealth is often generated by government contracts which means that the long suffering and poorly paid Congressmen appear to have great power in deciding who gets wealthy. And isn't it amazing how many of those Congressmen are or end up being wealthy themselves?

I don't think this is the most corrupt Congress, except in the sense that it's the same Congress which has been involved in swindles, graft, pork, and directed wealth building since the government was created.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    Mitch needs to be replaced by the people of Kentucky.

Grahamnesty needs to be replaced by the people of SC.

Juan McCain needs to be replaced by the people of Arizona.

Rubio needs to be replaced by the people of Florida.

Boner needs to be replaced by the people of Ohio.

And on and on and on.....................

And those are just the repubs.
    I fear it's too late for normal course of response. It may be time to dismiss the Congress and run the country under a temporary guardianship. - Novaheart Cromwell