Thread: Planned Parenthood to Teens: ‘Nothing Bad or Unhealthy’ About Promiscuity

1. #1 Planned Parenthood to Teens: ‘Nothing Bad or Unhealthy’ About Promiscuity 
    http://newsbusters.org/blogs/katie-y...ut-promiscuity

...Planned Parenthood advertised the message to teens this week via its teen Twitter and Facebook accounts by asking, “Is promiscuity a bad thing?”

... But the “women’s health” organization brought to bear the weight of indisputable authority in the person of “Alex at Planned Parenthood.”

Alex the “expert,” pronounced through Planned Parenthood’s Tumblr: “Since the number of sexual partners you’ve had doesn’t say anything about your character, your morals, or your personality – or about anything at all really– there’s nothing bad or unhealthy about having a big number of sexual partners.” Not sure what Alex thinks does say something about those fundamental aspects of being, but I bet it has something to do with recycling and your commitment to “social justice.”

...Alex began his post by explaining how the word “promiscuity” “can refer to a whole variety of different sexual behaviors,” although “in general, it’s a word that’s used to judge or shame people.” Heaven forbid!

While he had no qualm on numbers of partners, Alex stressed certain conditions: “Some things that can be unhealthy include having sex before you’re ready, having sex to try to seem impressive or cool, having sex when you don’t want to, having sex with people you don’t like/trust/care about, and having sex without using protection – like condoms and birth control.”

If teens meet these requirements and feel “confident” about “sexual decisions,” then they’re free to indulge. “You have nothing to worry about – even if someone calls you or your behavior, ‘promiscuous,’” Alex assured. Besides, it's terrific practice for the soulless hook-up lifestyle Planned Parenthood will be encouraging when you’re in college and your twenties.

Every time I read something like this, I picture a 'star chamber' type cabal of crusty old men behind these opinions, conspiring to ensure that there are enough sluts to go around for the younger generation...

We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.

~John Adams

"Since the number of sexual partners you’ve had doesn’t say anything about your character, your morals, or your personality – or about anything at all really– there’s nothing bad or unhealthy about having a big number of sexual partners."
    A scorecard will be needed to determine the probability of the next "partner" to give/contract STDs.
    http://allenbwest.com/
    http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg
    Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Quote Originally Posted by ReinMan View Post
    Every time I read something like this, I picture a 'star chamber' type cabal of crusty old men behind these opinions, conspiring to ensure that there are enough sluts to go around for the younger generation...

When my cousin was 14 and starting having sex with her boyfriend, she called me up to brag about it, thinking that as a young woman ( I was in my late 20s at the time) that I was sexually active and would understand. I gave her hell. I told her she was too young, that even though her mom took her and got her on the pill, she could still get diseases that could affect her fertility and life, and that I didn't blame her mom, on the other hand, for not wanting to be a grandmother yet (her mom is a total bitch, but this was before the bitch sued Grandpa and proved it so completely). I then asked her if she was going to marry this guy, and she said probably not. I told her the minute their relationship ends, all of his friends will call her and ask her out-not because she's pretty, or smart, or fun, but only because he will have told all of his friends that she is easy.

I told her basically, you are a slut now and all the boys at your school will only be interested in you because you put out.

She did not expect that reaction.

"...there’s nothing bad or unhealthy about having a big number of sexual partners.”

The girls should post their numbers on their FB accounts. That way the boys will know:

1) Who the skanks are and not to call them.
    2) Who the skanks are so they can call them.
    Be Not Afraid.

I'm a pro-choice feminist, but this kind of post-modern feminism that encourages women to sink to the level of men when it comes to promiscuity is bad for women and girls, and ultimately bad for men and boys, too. Not that I think men are that promiscuous in reality, but male promiscuity appears to be a virtue among men, if movies and my mother are to be believed, whereas a promiscuous woman will always be a slut.