1. #1 Impossible To Govern If Elections Never End - Colorado Recalls 
    link

TheMastersNemesis (3,440 posts)

Impossible To Govern If Elections Never End - Colorado Recalls The New GOP Endless Election Policy
    Colorado lost two Democratic Senators because of recall and election rigging. Because of the law mail in election was outlawed. Voting places were moved and election time reduced. Under such conditions recallers had all the advantages. At most only 13% of the registered voters decided to put two fundy nuts in from the GOP. One new senator is a stealth theocrat. The other is a token Hispanic.

Now we face endless recalls in Colorado that can occur at any time during the year. The latest recall is about grabbing power and shutting down Colorado state government. The last session passed a lot of good law including gun safety measures in a state that has had two major massacres. Now this recall group wants everyone armed and dangerous.

It is not democracy when you can continuously have a legislator under threat for EVERY vote they cast. So we are in a new era where if the public votes and your candidate does not win you can run another election until you get your candidate in. This recall is a political move that will be used in other states where the GOP can get control in close races.

What we are going through is complete insanity. And it is not any kind of viable democracy.

The Wisconsin recall was won on the idea that the recall was bad for Democracy. For GOPPERS and gun nuts he election if final if it is only their candidate.
    LOL. They had no problem when it was done in Wisconsin. They don't like others using their same tactics, I guess.
    Star Member SharonAnn (9,832 posts)
    1. It becomes "mob rule", not democracy. The most "outraged" group controls things.
    Star Member Mojorabbit (14,489 posts)
    2. Token Hispanic? What does that mean?

I don't know enough about the districts the incumbents were in. Did their constituents support or not gun control? If they were not representing their constituents then I am ok with them being voted out. If they were, there was a serious failure in getting out the vote despite all the roadblocks put in place. Number one is getting rid of those roadblocks.
    I think the repubs are up to all sorts of shenanigans everywhere esp here in Fl where they are throwing people off the voter rolls right and left. There is some push back after the last disaster when they did it but they are still trying to do it.
    Star Member Mojorabbit (14,489 posts)
    2. Token Hispanic? What does that mean?

I don't know enough about the districts the incumbents were in. Did their constituents support or not gun control? If they were not representing their constituents then I am ok with them being voted out. If they were, there was a serious failure in getting out the vote despite all the roadblocks put in place. Number one is getting rid of those roadblocks.
    I think the repubs are up to all sorts of shenanigans everywhere esp here in Fl where they are throwing people off the voter rolls right and left. There is some push back after the last disaster when they did it but they are still trying to do it.
    3. Gun Control Was Just An Excuse.

They were elected fair and square. The vote was suppressed and voting hours were shortened and voting places were changed. Voter turn our was less than 35%. Less than 15% of the electorate voted for recall. Had mail in been allowed both recalls would have failed. There were more voting centers in areas where recall was favorable. Areas where it might lose had fewer centers. So he vote was essentially rigged by the GOP Secretary Of State. Plus the supposed difference in money was a myth. There was a lot of secret money not reported because by law it was allowed to be kept secret.

These legislators did represent their constituents. The Hispanic who was is a right winger who does not support Hispanic issues.

They were elected fair and square.
    So, the 'Freedom-loving Progressive' point of view is that any election where a Democrat wins was 'Fair and square,' but if a Republican wins the fix was in. Sure, and Superman flies over Metropolis every day, just so he can look up at Obama taking his winged unicorn out for lunchtime exercise.

Fabulous Poster
    The funny thing is that many of the people who would complain about the recall and "endless elections" think that the coalition governments of Europe are just swell.

Yes, there is some truth to what they said. We saw it around the country two years after Obama was elected; without Obama on the ticket some large bloc of voters simply didn't bother to show up. That's politics.

The incessant whining about elections from both sides is tiresome. Neither the Dems nor the Reps have managed much more than an allegation of actual voter suppression. I think the solution is to move Election Day to a consecutive Saturday and Sunday, at regular polling places, and eliminate all this special voting crap.

PS - A college student who wants to vote must do so in the place designated on his drivers license.

They were elected fair and square.
    So was George W. Bush...twice.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

GW was a fine POTUS except for Amnesty and Prescription Drugs - both of which went against America's interests.

Ted Cruz and Michelle Bachmann will be a much better POTUS and Veep. Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea Party Patriot View Post
    GW was a fine POTUS except for Amnesty and Prescription Drugs - both of which went against America's interests.

Ted Cruz and Michelle Bachmann will be a much better POTUS and Veep. Just sayin.

Agreed.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

I find it a bit Ironic how they say its impossible to govern when the election never ends, isn't that the story of Obama? he never stops campaign
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I find it a bit Ironic how they say its impossible to govern when the election never ends, isn't that the story of Obama? he never stops campaign
    Always campaigning so as to never be seen as governing.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea Party Patriot View Post

Don't get too emotionally invested in that. One hopes the GOP has learned its lesson about teaming up presidential and nonpresidential materiel.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Don't get too emotionally invested in that. One hopes the GOP has learned its lesson about teaming up presidential and nonpresidential materiel.
    We did and that's why John McCain and Mitt Romney won't ever be lead on a GOP ticket again.

Same goes for Chris Christie or JEB Bush.

This time we'll put the ones that actually draw out the GOP voters at the TOP of the ticket and make the squish the VP choice.