Thread: The Mother of all Bailouts!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    I don't think the public accepts it, just the media, talking heads and congress critters!

Thy have to keep us sheep in a panic, so far nothing has happened except when a politiician gets in front of a mic. and cries gloom and doom.
    I've noticed that too. The seems to be holding together fairly well while Congress dawdles. But I fear that if they repeat the lie often enough, that the sky is falling, it will turn into a self fulfilling prophecy, bailout, rescue plan or not.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

it just passed

Their credibility lies in shreds. Their principles can be picked up off the floor with the rest of the debris of our government. The worst government in my lifetime, D and R. alike.

We voted against a 700 Billion dollar bail out because it was the wrong thing to do. We voted for a 700 Billion dollar bail out because a few scraps were thrown in the trough. Trust us. We're only here to help you. God help us all.

Power CUer
    Well, it's passed, and I see that others have Biden's unstable grasp of history. One of the Blondies on Fox News was talking about Warren Buffett, saying he's playing the same kind of role "J.P. Morgan played in getting us out of the Depression."

Pretty amazing on Morgan's part, especially since he died in 1913.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I think she meant the panic in 1907

Power CUer
    He was instrumental in that. She SAID, "The depression". That was several years later.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

OMG...I was hoping the House would not pass it.

What time did it pass? I'm looking at the market graph on Drudge (ironically, right above the bill passed headline) and it started falling about 1:00.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!