Thread: There's no racist like a liberal racist

1. #1 There's no racist like a liberal racist 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Worth watching.

"Progressives are what happens when liberals go bad."

"If not for double standards they would not have any standards."

"There's no racist like a liberal racist."

Been saying that for years. The evidence of their racism is overwhelming. They're just too stupid to know better.
    Be Not Afraid.

My mom attends the same UCC church in GR that I grew up attending. It's pretty liberal, the only churches in the area more liberal are Unitarian, Unity or Fountain Street Church (rather notorious for having U2 and Ozzy Osbourne play in their sanctuary).

I was there for one of my niece's christening right around the time "8 Mile" was released. I had to laugh at all these totally liberal people about 10-15 years older than me (I used to babysit for most of their kids when I was a teen) coming up to me, knowing how and where I make my living, and asking me "Is Detroit really like the movie".

Even though the movie is about a white boy who acts black, it kind of struck me as somewhat racist for these white people from 145 miles away, to ask that question. They go to Detroit. They go to Tiger and Red Wing games, they sometimes go to productions at the Fox Theater, maybe even an opera or a DSO concert or a visit to the DIA, but they only see the tourist areas of the city. They never see the rest of the city, only the Potemkin Village parts, because they are afraid of the people who live there.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    That's spot on. DUmmie ears are burning somewhere...
    May the FORCE be with you!

There's one little flaw in his reasoning, when he attributed Mormons being called out for bat shit crazy ideas because they're white, vs nothing being said about darker skinned Muslims. I think that just might have something to do with a little thing called fear. Who's afraid of marauding Mormons taking vengeance if you say something they don't like vs the probable retaliation from an outraged Muslim group?
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    There's one little flaw in his reasoning, when he attributed Mormons being called out for bat shit crazy ideas because they're white, vs nothing being said about darker skinned Muslims. I think that just might have something to do with a little thing called fear. Who's afraid of marauding Mormons taking vengeance if you say something they don't like vs the probable retaliation from an outraged Muslim group?
    I think his point had less to do with what Mormons do vs what Musliims do than it did with the tolerance for criticism in "Progressive" circles.

I think his point was that if you say , "Mormons are a bunch of racist, sexist, homophobic ignorant throwbacks." in the Lawrence O'Donnell chat room (or DU) you don't get labelled a racist, but if you you say "Muslims (or god forbid Moslems) are a bunch of racist, sexist, homophobic ignorant throwbacks." you will be roundly accused of racism before they ban you.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I think his point had less to do with what Mormons do vs what Musliims do than it did with the tolerance for criticism in "Progressive" circles.

I think his point was that if you say , "Mormons are a bunch of racist, sexist, homophobic ignorant throwbacks." in the Lawrence O'Donnell chat room (or DU) you don't get labelled a racist, but if you you say "Muslims (or god forbid Moslems) are a bunch of racist, sexist, homophobic ignorant throwbacks." you will be roundly accused of racism before they ban you.
    Sure, but what about real people?

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Sure, but what about real people?
    I'm real, aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I'm real, aren't you?
    I Am. You might Be.

Or

Cogito ergo estis.