Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    You would have thought Illinois and Michigan would have been in the top 5. Amazing that #2 is Nevada and even more amazing #3 is Alaska. They cite the high rape statistics as contributing to Alaska's #3 status.

I'm sure the tourist areas in Nevada show higher crime. I thought the only thing dangerous in Alaska was the polar bears!

Battle Creek is not that dangerous of a place. I don't know about Muskegon-the most famous people to have come from there are 1. Harry Morgan, who played Col. Potter on MASH, and 2. Jim Bakker, the disgraced televangelist who now is peddling powdered food to believers in a post-trib rapture under the guise of a television ministry.

I think most cities are dangerous. Sarasota might be 100 on the list, but not that long ago 2 Brit tourists were killed when them stumbled into Newtown. Locals know not to go there.

The reason Noony survives in the Detroit area and survived many years with a sales territory in a dangerous part of St Louis is we know the area and are alert. When tourists stumble into some areas, they just look too vulnerable.

Knowledge is power in most cases. That and the determination not to stop, no matter what, if you perceive danger while driving. There are many times that I did a quick U-turn (can do legally in Florida, not in St Louis) when I saw something ahead that alarmed me. And I'm here to yap about it now.

Always believe in the beg forgiveness later vs asking permission in advance. I could talk my way out of a ticket easier than reasoning with a mob of rampaging youths.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS