Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Sebelius: Obamacare website problems blindsided the President 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    So we are to believe FearLess Leader was "Blindsided"

By Greg Botelho and Holly Yan, CNN
    updated 7:50 AM EDT, Wed October 23, 2013

(CNN) -- Before it even launched, red flags went up about the Obamacare website. Health insurance companies complained about it, and the site crashed during a test run. But nobody told the President of any of it, the nation's health chief told CNN.

Kathleen Sebelius said President Barack Obama didn't hear that there may be problems with the signup portal for his signature healthcare law until it went live on October 1. That's when the site nosedived into a technical abyss.

In an exclusive interview with CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta, the Health and Human Services secretary admitted that her department and the White House are displeased with the technically botched rollout.

His "signature" program and he never asked before hand "how's it going???"

RIGHT...

The only other explaination is he is just fucking clueless.
    May the FORCE be with you!

How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Nonsense.

He knew about it. He just decided to roll it out anyway, because if he didn't, the conservatives could legitimately push for a delay of the personal mandate. Now that it's out there, it's a fait accompli. They'll fix what they can and still go ahead with the personal mandate.

Why?

Because they need the tax money. With the personal mandate in place, they can either get tax money from the insurance companies--whose profits they are inflating--or they'll get the IRS penalty for every person who is not insured. Either way, they get more cash. Have you ever known an administration to turn down a cash cow?

Either Obama knew or he didn't. If he knew that it was going to crash and burn, then he was an idiot for not taking the out that the Republicans offered. "I would dearly love to provide coverage this year, but I can't let those evil Republicans in the house shut down the government." Instead, he fought tooth and nail for the rollout. That tells me that he was out of the loop on it, the way that he was on Benghazi, the Bin Laden raid and everything else. But this means that Sebelius blindsided him on the single most critical initiative of his presidency, and hasn't been fired. What a wuss.

Sic hacer pace, para bellum.
    Sent from my android.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Either Obama knew or he didn't. If he knew that it was going to crash and burn, then he was an idiot for not taking the out that the Republicans offered. "I would dearly love to provide coverage this year, but I can't let those evil Republicans in the house shut down the government." Instead, he fought tooth and nail for the rollout. That tells me that he was out of the loop on it, the way that he was on Benghazi, the Bin Laden raid and everything else. But this means that Sebelius blindsided him on the single most critical initiative of his presidency, and hasn't been fired. What a wuss.

Sent from my android.
    Leaving aside your antipathy for the Commander-in-Chief, don't you think that if Sebelius stepped down the Republicans in the Senate would filibuster her replacement's nomination regardless of who it was?

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Leaving aside your antipathy for the Commander-in-Chief, don't you think that if Sebelius stepped down the Republicans in the Senate would filibuster her replacement's nomination regardless of who it was?
    Why?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Leaving aside your attempts to jumpstart Obamacare by doing a presidential colonoscopy with your nose, would you keep a demonstrably incompetent subordinate who had just tanked your legacy over fear of Senate Republicans? I mean, really, so Cruz filibusters the nominee. So what? He filibustered Obamacare in the CR, but the deal still went through. That just gives Obama more to whine about in his next SOTU speech.

Sent from my android.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Leaving aside your attempts to jumpstart Obamacare by doing a presidential colonoscopy with your nose,
    The difference between a brown noser and an ass kisser is depth perception.

Leaving aside your attempts to jumpstart Obamacare by doing a presidential colonoscopy with your nose, would you keep a demonstrably incompetent subordinate who had just tanked your legacy over fear of Senate Republicans?
    The Secretary of HHS is a pretty important position with regards to said legacy. If the Senate Republicans chose to thwart filling the position, something they have shown they have no problem doing, it would just be another means of sabotaging the project. I can understand why they want her gone so badly. It sure the hell isn't because of mismanagement. An efficient Affordable Care Act rollout is the last thing they want.

I mean, really, so Cruz filibusters the nominee. So what?
    I don't believe he could do so alone. A cloture vote requires 60, not 100.

He filibustered Obamacare in the CR, but the deal still went through.
    No he didn't. He gave a long speech.

That just gives Obama more to whine about in his next SOTU speech.
    He has enough already.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Kathleen Sebelius said President Barack Obama didn't hear that there may be problems with the signup portal for his signature healthcare law until it went live on October 1. That's when the site nosedived into a technical abyss.
    I can believe oBumble didn't know. He's too busy dealing with his caddy then to be bothered with trivial stuff like this.

But on a side note, who in their right mind trust sebelius with setting up any website?

Look at her history of doing it.

Lawmakers: Sebelius failed at government website projects prior to serving in Obama administration

Obama administration Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius’ failure at designing websites to provide government services began during her term as governor of Kansas, long before the Obamacare website debacle, Kansas political insiders told The Daily Caller.

Sebelius oversaw numerous costly and disastrous government website projects during her six-year governorship (2003-2009), including a failed update of the Department of Labor’s program to provide unemployment pay and other services and similar updates pertaining to the Department of Administration and the state’s Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) services.

The Department of Labor’s overhaul of its computer programs was a notable boondoggle, according to 14-year former Kansas state senator and former state Labor Secretary Karin Brownlee.

“In the Kansas Senate, I chaired the Commerce committee. We had oversight over the Department of Labor. For years, we watched as the Department of Labor under Sebelius worked on that computer program. After seven years and $50 million, something should work,” Brownlee told TheDC.

“In Kansas if you have a 40 or 50 million dollar project, that’s a lot of money,” Brownlee said, noting that the Labor Department project was funded by federal money while other Sebelius website projects sucked up state taxpayer dollars. “They started and stopped that project with at least 3 different major contractors.”

When Brownlee was appointed to head the state’s Department of Labor under new Republican governor Sam Brownback in 2011, she was tasked with cleaning up Sebelius’ technical mess.

“When I walked in the door at Labor [the computer update] was half-done. There were about 240 errors in work-around. It was not functional,” Brownlee said.

“The agency was spending more than $1 million per month on contractors and other things. So as soon as we found out how much was going out per month we had to shut that down. That wasn’t workable,” Brownlee said. “In the private sector, that would never be acceptable.”
    Read it all.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/23/la...ation/?print=1
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009