1. #1 Was Letterman on live after the VP debate? 
    This may or may not be the best place for this, but it seems to fit...

Watched some of Letterman last night, almost all of his monologue was blasting Palin's performance at the debate. Last I knew, Dave shoots at about 4:00 in the afternoon. A few pokes around don't come up with anything saying he was live last night, indicating he just assumed Palin would bomb out.

I used to really like Dave, he was random and irrelevant and funny. Even "Great Moments In Presidential Speeches", poking at W's less than eloquent moments was funny the first few times. But now he really seems to be lashing out at the evil Republicans constantly, and not being particularly funny about it.

What say you?
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Poor Dave is suffering from Bush Derangement Syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    This may or may not be the best place for this, but it seems to fit...

Watched some of Letterman last night, almost all of his monologue was blasting Palin's performance at the debate. Last I knew, Dave shoots at about 4:00 in the afternoon. A few pokes around don't come up with anything saying he was live last night, indicating he just assumed Palin would bomb out.

I used to really like Dave, he was random and irrelevant and funny. Even "Great Moments In Presidential Speeches", poking at W's less than eloquent moments was funny the first few times. But now he really seems to be lashing out at the evil Republicans constantly, and not being particularly funny about it.

What say you?
    Doubt very much if he was live last night. He probably just anticipated she'd bomb. Funny thing is I've emailed off and on, mostly off, for a long time with one of Letterman's staffers, who emailed yesterday that he was rooting for Palin.

I told him I thought Dave was just a mean old grouch lately and never watch the show anymore. I was amazed that he's still "talking" to me. :D

I don't know which was more disturbing, the audience laughing, even though they knew the debate hadn't happened, or Dave assuming his watchers are that rabid against McCain/Palin and would momentarily forget that Dave was cracking jokes about that which had not happened yet.

The cracks weren't even that funny.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    I don't know which was more disturbing, the audience laughing, even though they knew the debate hadn't happened, or Dave assuming his watchers are that rabid against McCain/Palin and would momentarily forget that Dave was cracking jokes about that which had not happened yet.

The cracks weren't even that funny.
    Remember if anyone watches Letterman tonight that the debate still will not have happened. He tapes the Friday show on Thursday. It should be interesting.

Dave must've gotten the meme from Corporate Headquarters:

Thou Shalt Not Make Fun of Obama

Dave knows McCain has a sense of humor, he's been on often enough, I believe they're friends.

Top Ten Messages Left On Sarah Palin's Answering Machine

10....."Hi, it's John McCain; I had to go to bed. How'd it go?"

9......"Hi, Katie Couric here. Have you thought of a Supreme Court case yet?"

8....."Hi, it's Bill Clinton. Let me know when Todd's out of town"

7....."My name is Joseph Sixpack -- knock it off"

6....."Hi, Katie Couric again -- think of any newspapers yet?"

5....."Buy the Late Show Fun Facts book. It's a bridge to hilarity"

4....."John McCain again; could you pick up my prescriptions?"

3....."Senator Larry Craig here -- do you have Joe Biden's phone number?"

2....."McCain again; do you remember where I parked the Straight Talk Express?"

1....."It's President Bush. If you're at the debate, who's watchin' Russia?"
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

#10 is actually pretty funny.

#8 not bad (It's always fun to make fun of Bubba's urges)

#7 Not bad.

All the rest straight out of the Dem handbook.