1. #1 America’s Mood Map (Quiz) 
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    For a country that features the word United so prominently in its name, the U.S. is a pretty fractious place. We splinter along fault lines of income, education, religion, race, hyphenated origin, age and politics. Then too there’s temperament. We’re coarse or courtly, traditionalist or rebel, amped up or laid-back. And it’s no secret that a lot of that seems to be determined by — or at least associated with — where we live.

Now a multinational team of researchers led by psychologist and American expat Jason Rentfrow of the University of Cambridge in the U.K. has sought to draw the regional lines more clearly, literally mapping the American mood, with state-by-state ratings of personality and temperament.

Which State Matches Your Personality?
    Using personality test data from over one million people, researchers have identified three distinct personality regions in the country. Here, each state is colored by the region it belongs to and shaded according to how strongly its personality matches that profile.

Want to know where you belong on this map? Click "Take the Test" and answer the 10-question survey to see which state most closely matches your personality. Results are not recorded or reported to any third party.
    http://science.time.com/2013/10/22/t...mericas-moods/

A very short quiz at the link. I got Georgia as my state, which it isn't...but not all bad. Just something for fun on a gloomy Thursday.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

You belong in Georgia!
    Hmmmmmmmmm

Some of the comments are pretty funny:

DavidJones4
    36 minutes ago

this test means nothing...it says that i belong in south carolina...lol...if it knew i was black it would have added "state prison"...that's how F'd this test is, i give it no weight...south carolina? really? why didn't it just say "dead"? it is pretty much the same thing as being a black male in south carolina...

Read more: http://science.time.com/2013/10/22/t...#ixzz2igg4sKnQ