1. #1 Machine Gun Mouth 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Poor Octafish...

Well...not really.

Wed Oct 23, 2013, 10:45 AM
    Octafish

Machine Gun Mouth

One of the things I first noticed at "Passing the Torch: An International Symposium on the 50th Anniversary of the Assassination of President John F. Kennedy" was that many of the authors, researchers and others gathered were very reserved in one-on-one conversation.

Understandably so, after they met me. I have what Lisa Pease called "machine gun mouth." It's an unnatural phenomena. Anybody I met, from Joan Mellen to Jefferson Morley from Rex Bradford to William Kelly to a few new -- and good -- friends from Ohio and Pennsylvania and a whole nation over, fell like dominoes -- victim to my nonstop 500 word-per-minute verbal assault. I wasn't ranting at them, I was trying to tell them everything I'd learned over the last 50 years in about 50 seconds.

The looks on people's faces made me realize I needed to dial it down three or four orders of magnitude. I tried, but even then I couldn't help myself, the words would come up and fly at breakneck speed from my gob. Every single person there -- including arch-supporter of the Warren Commission, John McAdams, was interesting and kind to me and to everyone else.

It was unplanned. Some sort of venting of steam from a pressure cooker of a psyche. Normally, I'm intense, but it was ridiculous. I should have worked a simple elevator speech, which is a nice, brief, overview professional pitch-sters use. The point is: I need to learn how to make complex information concise, understandable, memorable -- and repeatable.

Why? Democracy depends on it.

PS: I knew I was too old to be cool anymore when I tried zooming in and focusing up on Oliver Stone as he made a presentation to the symposium. For some reason, he shot me a look. I looked at my borrowed camera and learned it shoots out a laser beam to focus and was zapping him as he talked. I put it away as soon as I realized it did that.

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I almost feel sorry for him, almost.

So by his own admission, Octa acted like a fast talking conspiracy nutjob and even had
    Oliver Stone thinking he was going to take a shot at him!!!!! He knew he needed to
    dial it down, but of course being a DUmmie, couldn't.

You can't make this stuff up!!!! Good job Octafish
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Poor Octafish...

So by his own admission, Octa acted like a fast talking conspiracy nutjob and even had
    Oliver Stone thinking he was going to take a shot at him!!!!!
    "Acted like"...?

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    "Acted like"...?

I know. I wonder how many times he said BFEE???

His description of himself is more or less what I expected. I've seen
    people like that, they are usually stared at and shunned. I wonder how
    many times they almost called security???
    May the FORCE be with you!

I looked at my borrowed camera and learned it shoots out a laser beam to focus and was zapping him as he talked. I put it away as soon as I realized it did that.

What a very shitty camera, how old must that be that it needs a laser to focus?! Hell, camera's in the 90's didn't need that.

I'm guessing it's not a laser...but one of those Sony pocket cameras that used to flood what you're aiming at with a kinda of pale red light to measure light before the flash went off.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.