1. #1 Another deer to butcher 
    Deer number two is on the way over, I quartered and froze the first one so I still have it to deal with.
    If this is a nice young doe I will grind it cure it and use my Cabelas jerky gun to make jerky out of it, my nieces constantly pester me for jerky.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

It's a trap nieces! He promised me jerky two years ago and never delivered!

In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    It's a trap nieces! He promised me jerky two years ago and never delivered!

I know and I have caught hell the last 4 years for not making any, I promise I will make some this year.
    That is the first thing they ask me at family get togethers "did you make any jerky yet"!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I know and I have caught hell the last 4 years for not making any, I promise I will make some this year.
    That is the first thing they ask me at family get togethers "did you make any jerky yet"!
    Heheh.

I've got a week long hunting trip coming up in a couple of weeks. Hoping to put at least one deer down, maybe two. We finally finished off that pig a couple months ago, so time to refill the freezer.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

Heheh.

I've got a week long hunting trip coming up in a couple of weeks. Hoping to put at least one deer down, maybe two. We finally finished off that pig a couple months ago, so time to refill the freezer.
    Was the hog mild or gamey?

Was the hog mild or gamey?
    No gamey taste at all to it. In was a ranch hog, so I hold no illusions to it being completely feral. Doesn't bother me none though, a year yummy pork.

No gamey taste at all to it. In was a ranch hog, so I hold no illusions to it being completely feral. Doesn't bother me none though, a year yummy pork.
    They all came from domestic stock at one time, people used to be a lot hungrier and a wild pig did not stay wild for long.

They all came from domestic stock at one time, people used to be a lot hungrier and a wild pig did not stay wild for long.
    Sow's generally aren't to bad, even when completely feral. Boars though, I don't know if I'll ever be that hungry.

Boars though, I don't know if I'll ever be that hungry.

I know lots of people that have tried them many ways and they always seem to end up dog food.