1. #1 'Lost world' discovered in remote Australia 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar

Sun Oct 27, 2013, 11:00 PM
    FarCenter

'Lost world' discovered in remote Australia

AFP - An expedition to a remote part of northern Australia has uncovered three new vertebrate species isolated for millions of years, with scientists Monday calling the area a "lost world".

Conrad Hoskin from James Cook University and a National Geographic film crew were dropped by helicopter onto the rugged Cape Melville mountain range on Cape York Peninsula earlier this year and were amazed at what they found.

It included a bizarre looking leaf-tail gecko, a golden-coloured skink and a boulder-dwelling frog, none of them ever seen before.

"The top of Cape Melville is a lost world. Finding these new species up there is the discovery of a life time -- I'm still amazed and buzzing from it," said Hoskin from the Queensland-based university.

"Finding three new, obviously distinct vertebrates would be surprising enough in somewhere poorly explored like New Guinea, let alone in Australia, a country we think we've explored pretty well."

The mountain range is home to millions of black granite boulders the size of cars and houses piled hundreds of metres high.

http://www.france24.com/en/20131028-...mote-australia
    I wonder if nadin would cover this??? No scanners though...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Tell Nadin to stay out of anything to do with Cryptozoology; that's what I do while she annoying her parrots.

First, I was the one looking for major cryptids in this country ( and finding them).

When she comes face to face with the Outback's Mega Lizard, then she has something to talk about.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

The mountain range is home to millions of black granite boulders the size of cars and houses piled hundreds of metres high.
    We should quarry all the black granite and haul it off for buildings.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    I can't remember the last time I got twitterpated. Imagine having a life so blessed that finding a frog and two lizards could twitterpate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I can't remember the last time I got twitterpated. Imagine having a life so blessed that finding a frog and two lizards could twitterpate you.
    Especially since they would just get smashed between the granite blocks as I hauled them off,
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg