Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 World Series is impossible to watch on FOX 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    What a collection of morons...

Sun Oct 27, 2013, 09:06 PM
    PCIntern

World Series is impossible to watch on FOX

Last edited Sun Oct 27, 2013, 09:06 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)
    Extreme close ups of the players make it impossible to see defensive shifts or base runners prepare for the pitch. Multiple shots of players on deck or in the dugout during a single at-bat are distracting. Players who spit or scratch a lot are given special attention.

But all of this pales to the constant jabbering of Buck (a member of the lucky-sperm club) and McCarver has evolved into a petty mess. Clearly there are pet themes and words for each game which need to be delivered X many times per fifteen minutes. And the intonation: a player hits a double with one out and you'd think he was Bobby Thomson. And more which doesn't merit repeating.

Yuck-and-a-half.
    Whatever assholes.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Maybe they should buy a ticket. Or they could turn on the radio!

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Its impossible to watch on any Channel since Baseball is boring :P
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I would rather watch the Virginian or High chaparral.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I'll watch the Tigers if they are playing well, but otherwise, it's boring.

Good thing it's hockey season. Unfortunately, the Wings still haven't realized that Jimmy Howard is not that great of a goalie. It's hard, I guess, they had a good string going for a decade, with Ozzie, Hasek, and Vernon.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    Maybe they should buy a ticket. Or they could turn on the radio!
    How quaint

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I'll watch the Tigers if they are playing well, but otherwise, it's boring.

Good thing it's hockey season. Unfortunately, the Wings still haven't realized that Jimmy Howard is not that great of a goalie. It's hard, I guess, they had a good string going for a decade, with Ozzie, Hasek, and Vernon.
    Your smoking crack Noonie. Howard is one of the best in the league. It's the porous defense he has in front of him that is the problem. Smith and Quincy have a combined -17 so far this season. With defense like that it's no wonder we are losing games.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Power CUer
    It finally happened! We are in complete and total agreement on something!

A sportswriter in the Post said the other day that "if you only watch one World Series in your life, this should be the one". So I had good intentions. I tuned in for the first game. I watched a very long first inning, 0-0, then discovered it was only HALF an inning - both teams get to be at bat in each one, apparently. Nothing ever happened while I was watching - any runs happened while I was desperately searching other channels. Mostly all we saw were commercials.
    Who has TIME for these games that never end and never go anywhere?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post

A sportswriter in the Post said the other day that "if you only watch one World Series in your life, this should be the one". So I had good intentions. I tuned in for the first game. I watched a very long first inning, 0-0, then discovered it was only HALF an inning - both teams get to be at bat in each one, apparently. Nothing ever happened while I was watching - any runs happened while I was desperately searching other channels. Mostly all we saw were commercials.
    Baseball is a grand and glorious game steeped in tradition and long on statistics. If you're not a fan of the game or your particular team isn't involved, I concede your points. My great uncles and my parents were ardent Cardinal fans. It is a team, like the Red Sox, with a long tradition and extremely loyal fans.

It pains me to be away from St Louis and value the glimpses via the tv coveage of the Arch and the many federal buildings that housed my accounts (sales) over the years, primarily the US Court of Appeals (8th Circuit) and US District Ct.

Since moving here my love of baseball has become broader and just enjoy watching baseball, vs cheering on a particular team. We enjoy going to the spring training games. If we can, would like to at least attend games on the West coast of Florida. This spring we watched the Pittsbugh Pirates, Baltimore Orioles, Yankees and of course the Cardinals.

I doubt if you watch regular Fox all the time, so I'm sure that you and the others can certainly find a baseball-less channel.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post

Now i know the worrld will be ending soon :D
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly