Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Now i know the worrld will be ending soon :D
    Bailey22003
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    Maybe they should buy a ticket. Or they could turn on the radio!
    I was thinking the same thing.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Baseball is a grand and glorious game steeped in tradition and long on statistics. If you're not a fan of the game or your particular team isn't involved, I concede your points. My great uncles and my parents were ardent Cardinal fans. It is a team, like the Red Sox, with a long tradition and extremely loyal fans.
    I think it's great if you love it. I'm not a sports fan in general, but I will watch football games if I like the schools or cities sometimes, and at least I know when they will end! Baseball can goooo onnnnnnn fooooorrrrreeeeeevvvvvvvverrrrrrr........
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Bailey22003
    What did I do wrong for you to have done that? lol
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

It's been said that baseball is a game for young boys and old men (like me). It requires patience, guts when called for, intelligence, and an appreciation for skills, tactics and strategies. And it's a game of one batter against nine defenders; unique in sports. It's not just a game of "throw the ball" and "hit it if you can".

The most difficult position to play in any sport is that of the baseball batter. Consider what is required of the batter in hand/eye coordination. Hits are not a matter of luck. Think of the mind games that are played between the batter and the pitcher, between the managers. Imagine the timing and coordination required to pull just a 5-4-3 double play. If you can throw a baseball at 80 mph into a peach basket (yes, I'm that old) 127' away, you might be able to play third base. Maybe!

It can seem dull and boring if you're not familiar with the game. But if you want dull and boring, try golf............

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I think it's great if you love it. I'm not a sports fan in general, but I will watch football games if I like the schools or cities sometimes, and at least I know when they will end! Baseball can goooo onnnnnnn fooooorrrrreeeeeevvvvvvvverrrrrrr........
    Simple, don't watch it. Baseball doesn't consume every channel. Football does. It is tougher to avoid football, which I don't like at all. I know there is strategy involved, but it's more brutish. Look at the statistics on the number of players after their retirement from football and see the number of head injuries. It's a brutish sport that I don't enjoy, but realize that I'm in the minority.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

No sport is worth watching on TV. the talking heads, advertisers and general picadillys have ruined any such broadcast. And for baseball, it's beginning to run over into radio as well. All of the TV time outs end up as nonsense conversations or more ads on radio.

For any sport, go to a game that is not being televised if you really want to enjoy it.

Personally, I like being up higher in the stands in basketball to see the whole floor at one time. I want an unblocked view of the defensive line at any football game and I want some good friends or outstanding new acquaintances seated around me at baseball cause what excitement that goes on in the game amounts to about 5 minutes.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.