Thread: First trailer for Days of Future Past....

1. #1 First trailer for Days of Future Past.... 
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Just a nerd question but why is Wolverine old in this trailer? He shouldn't look much older than he does in the present
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Time Vortex and Global Warming...very complicated.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Just a nerd question but why is Wolverine old in this trailer? He shouldn't look much older than he does in the present
    Days of Future Past takes place in the future in a war being waged against the mutants by the Sentinel robots developed by Trask Industries.

Here's some more info courtesy of Wikipedia:

A vague "Days of Future Past" scenario is used for a Danger Room session in the film X-Men: The Last Stand where Wolverine is thrown by Colossus into a Sentinel using the Fastball Special.

The upcoming sequel to The Last Stand and First Class is titled X-Men: Days of Future Past. Several actors from the past of the franchise are confirmed to return, including Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry, Ian McKellen, Patrick Stewart, Anna Paquin, Shawn Ashmore, Ellen Page, Daniel Cudmore, Michael Fassbender, Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence, and James McAvoy. Newcomers Peter Dinklage, Omar Sy, Fan Bingbing, Booboo Stewart and Evan Peters have been announced to play Bolivar Trask, Bishop, Blink, Warpath and Quicksilver, respectively. Although the trailer reveals that Wolverine will be the one to actually return to his "younger" body, director Bryan Singer described Pryde as the prime facilitator and that Pryde's phasing ability enables time-travel to happen.
    I think it's cool how they're using this to merge the two previous films together.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Days of Future Past takes place in the future in a war being waged against the mutants by the Sentinel robots developed by Trask Industries.

Here's some more info courtesy of Wikipedia:

I think it's cool how they're using this to merge the two previous films together.
    I know about the storyline but with his healing ability he shouldn't be getting older. He is from the 19th century, a couple of decades shouldn't have aged him so.

I guess Halle Berry changed her mind because I remember after X-Men III she said she wouldn't play Storm in any sequel. Just goes to prove that moeny talks and you know what walks.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I guess Halle Berry changed her mind because I remember after X-Men III she said she wouldn't play Storm in any sequel. Just goes to prove that moeny talks and you know what walks.
    You got that right, I wonder how they are bringing professor X back?

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I know about the storyline but with his healing ability he shouldn't be getting older. He is from the 19th century, a couple of decades shouldn't have aged him so.
    I believe it to be an homage to the comics. On the cover of one of them they had drawn Wolvie with grey hair:

I think I actually have the original issue in my collection.
    Last edited by Zathras; 10-30-2013 at 11:32 PM.

I clicked on this thinking it had something to do with The Moody Blues.

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    I believe it to be an homage to the comics. On the cover of one of them they had drawn Wolvie with grey hair:

I think I actually have the original issue in my collection.
    Ok i guess they have some leeway with the story but he shouldn't be old in a comic storyline not far from the present