Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Suicide Bomber Blows Himself Up on Empty Mediterranean Beach by Jon David Kahn 31 Oct 
    by Jon David Kahn 31 Oct 2013, 5:04 AM PDT
    Officials say a suicide bomber detonated on an empty beach in front of a hotel in the Tunisian Mediterranean resort town of Sousse. He was the only fatality. An employee at the hotel told the BBC the blast occurred at 09:45 local time (08:45 GMT) close to the Riadh Palms hotel and that no-one was hurt except for the bomber.

The male attacker was wearing a belt of explosives according to Tunisia's Tap state news agency. The AFP news agency reported that witnesses said the bomber was spotted and chased from the hotel onto an empty beach where he blew himself up.
    In a separate plot to attack ex-President Habib Bourguiba's tomb, security sources say police captured another would-be suicide bomber before he could detonate.

Interior Ministry spokesman Mhamed Ali Laroui told AFP, "an attempted attack targeting the compound of the Bourguiba mausoleum was foiled... and a young man carrying explosives was arrested."
    Since the 2011 uprising, Tunisia has seen a rise in attacks by militants.
    Some attacks more successful than others.

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2...erranean-Beach

In a separate plot to attack ex-President Habib Bourguiba's tomb, security sources say police captured another would-be suicide bomber before he could detonate.
    And the other one was trying to blow up a dead guy...................
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    Makes losing your virginity in public seem hum drum.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Makes losing your virginity in public seem hum drum.
    Yep, especially when the suicide bomber wasn't selling tickets to the sphincter show.
    U.S. Army, Retired

I wonder if the guy was forced to wear the vest by terrorists and chose to detonate it away from people on purpose. Or, he had last minute doubts about killing other people and chose not to.

My Pollyanna side likes to think so, at least.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    It's a shame when these kids blow up so fast...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    It's a shame when these kids blow up so fast...
    You know the section of wall or doorjamb against which Mom & Dad Muzzie are s'posed to show how tall they've blown?

I'll bet the last entry scatters pieces of body parts all over the place!
    U.S. Army, Retired

Awe to be young and tinder.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I wonder if the guy was forced to wear the vest by terrorists and chose to detonate it away from people on purpose. Or, he had last minute doubts about killing other people and chose not to.

My Pollyanna side likes to think so, at least.
    My realistic side says it could also have been a remote detonation of a coward thought to be running away. That's been reported, especially with teen and pre-teen boys and girls.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    My realistic side says it could also have been a remote detonation of a coward thought to be running away. That's been reported, especially with teen and pre-teen boys and girls.

Sting wrote that song in the 80s, in which he said "I hope the Russians love their children, too". That's the problem with terrorists-they're not fighting to make the world a better place for their children, they are willing to sacrifice their children for no gain.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Sting wrote that song in the 80s, in which he said "I hope the Russians love their children, too". That's the problem with terrorists-they're not fighting to make the world a better place for their children, they are willing to sacrifice their children for no gain.
    Not for "no gain." They get to put a snazzy "My Jihadi blew up your honor student" bumper sticker on the family car. Of course, that only lasts until the next kid converts it into a car bomb, but still, bragging rights...
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!