Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Obama Signs Global Warming Executive Order to ‘Prepare Nation’ for Effects of Climate 
    Nov. 1, 2013 1:21pm Fred Lucas
    President Barack Obama signed an executive order Friday to “prepare the nation” for the dire consequences of global warming by establishing a new task force aimed in part at steering local communities toward making “smarter” investments to prepare for climate change-caused catastrophes.
    “The impacts of climate change—including an increase in prolonged periods of excessively high temperatures, more heavy downpours, an increase in wildfires, more severe droughts, permafrost thawing, ocean acidification, and sea-level rise—are already affecting communities, natural resources, ecosystems, economies, and public health across the Nation,” the executive order states.
    AP

The 10-page order establishes the Task Force on Climate Preparedness and Resilience to advise the Obama administration. One of the goals of the order seems to be to set ground rules for cooperative development goals at the local level.
    The order says to “identify opportunities to support and encourage smarter, more climate-resilient investments by States, local communities, and tribes, including by providing incentives through agency guidance, grants, technical assistance, performance measures, safety considerations, and other programs.”
    The task force is comprised of seven Democratic governor of states, and one Republican governor of a territory, Gov. Eddie Calvo of Guam.
    The Democratic governors are Neil Abercrombie of Hawaii, Jerry Brown of California, Jay Inslee of Washington state, Jack Markell of Delaware, Martin O’Malley of Maryland, Pat Quinn of Illinois and Peter Shumlin of Vermont. The task force also includes local officials, including 14 mayors, two county officials and two tribal officials.
    More-on Obama>http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...limate-change/
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Who made this guy dictator?

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Who made this guy dictator?
    I don't know about you and everyone else but I heard nothing of this from traditional news sources today, not a thing.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Healthcare will be the new smoke screen while the king pulls off all kinds of shit unseen in the shadows.

Our trees will get better health care then we do.

Damn. So now the UN is dictating via the 0bama Cartel?
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    I rarely watch local news, but I have noticed an odd trend. Obviously not anything that proves "Climate Change" wrong...but here goes. When I do flip on the local news/weather, they show what year that the record highs/lows occurred on that day. Almost all were in the 1800's or mid-1900's. There is an occasional high of 87 on November 1st (making this up) in 1985, but inevitably they are all scattered.

I've done enough statistical analysis to more than suggest that 150 years is a small sample size to conclusively prove that the earth is getting warmer/colder because of humans.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post

I've done enough statistical analysis to more than suggest that 150 years is a small sample size to conclusively prove that the earth is getting warmer/colder because of humans.
    .....by George I think he's got it!!......
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Every 1200 years there is an Ice age, we just have to be patient!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

We're still in the ice age......

See the chart at the bottom of the page.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.