Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39
  1. #11  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    8,067
    Stop and frisk wouldn't be necessary if the Libs hadn't spent decades turning hardned criminals...in public opinion...into poor misunderstood souls who had to rape and murder because they were being held down by "the man".

    Lock them up...throw away the key and quit coming up with excuses as to why they should be released back out into the public.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Sonnabend
    Guest
    stop and frisk wouldn't be necessary if the Libs hadn't spent decades turning hardned criminals...in public opinion...into poor misunderstood souls who had to rape and murder because they were being held down by "the man".
    Lock them up...throw away the key and quit coming up with excuses as to why they should be released back out into the public.
    Sure, after we have ensured that things like proof, probable cause, legal rights, a lawyer, a court, a judge, evidence, a jury are all used before we lock anyone up and throw away the key. .....in case it had escaped you, it's innocent until proven guilty in a court of law....not the other way around.

    Or are you saying that police should simply stop and frisk anyone they like, detain without cause?

    "You got id? = Show me your papers"

    Or do I have you wrong?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    All of it irritates me, the New York stop and frisk is wrong also, they try to say the new York searches are racist which is ridiculous, it is unconstitutional and blatantly wrong against anyone!
    A lot of the criticism of NYC Stop&Frisk seemed premised on a couple of fallacies:

    1- That the stops are targeted by race or ethnicity and not because of suspicious behavior in high crime areas

    2- That the stops are targeted by race or ethnicity without mentioning that the NYC police department is majority non-WASP.

    3- That the stops are without reasonable suspicion, ie that these police officers with years of experience are too blind and/or stupid to know when they are looking at a criminal. This is the same accusation and political promotion which would have us racist white folks be told to shut up and stop calling the police because when we see drug dealing, prostitution, and criminals hanging around we're actually viewing law abiding people through a racist lens. Bullshit! We had to listen to this crap in Alexandria. The black activists lined up to call us names because not surprisingly we didn't want to have thugs and lowlifes hanging around corners we were trying to sell $400K houses on.

    4- Every time they attack Stop and Frisk they state a low percentage of those frisked as having been carrying a weapon. But what percentage of them had criminal records? That's a figure they never produce.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Sure, after we have ensured that things like proof, probable cause, legal rights, a lawyer, a court, a judge, evidence, a jury are all used before we lock anyone up and throw away the key. .....in case it had escaped you, it's innocent until proven guilty in a court of law....not the other way around.

    Or are you saying that police should simply stop and frisk anyone they like, detain without cause?

    "You got id? = Show me your papers"

    Or do I have you wrong?
    Stopping random cars without a warrant on I 10 is without probable cause. Stopping L'ron after you have watched him engage in suspicious behavior, again, isn't without cause.

    Something critics rarely make note of is that when the cops stop L'ron, a black male, on Flatbush Avenue, there are perhaps 10-50 other people walking or loitering on that block that the cops didn't stop and frisk. So what set L'ron apart? Until proven otherwise, I'm going to say it's the experience of the cop to know who and what he's looking at.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Sonnabend
    Guest
    Stopping L'ron after you have watched him engage in suspicious behavior, again, isn't without cause.
    What suspicious behaviour? Stopping to talk to smeone on a street? thats cause? I do it all the time. Suspicion of what? Talking to someone? That's criminal?

    Since when?.

    Oops.

    Something critics rarely make note of is that when the cops stop L'ron, a black male, on Flatbush Avenue, there are perhaps 10-50 other people walking or loitering on that block that the cops didn't stop and frisk. So what set L'ron apart? Until proven otherwise, I'm going to say it's the experience of the cop t know who and what he's looking at.
    Dont care what experience he has. Stop and frisk withut probable cause is a 4th amendment violation.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    17,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    NJCardpolicepologist will soon be along to tell us that "they are guilty of something so they deserved it"

    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    NJCardpolicepologist will soon be along to tell us that "they are guilty of something so they deserved it"
    Which ought to tell you how much of an idiot you really are because if you paid attention you'd see that I already chimed in on how I believe this is a violation of the 4th amendment so you can rub your little name calling on your chest. And I'd rather be a police apologist than a police hater like you. At least I'm doing something worthwhile with my life not complaining about how law enforcement is done in a country I've never lived in. As for what was done to those poor little prison inmates, cry me a fucking river and maybe you should probably look at what's going on in your own back yard before casting aspersions at another country's prison system: http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/4399430.html
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,308
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Stop and frisk wouldn't be necessary if the Libs hadn't spent decades turning hardned criminals...in public opinion...into poor misunderstood souls who had to rape and murder because they were being held down by "the man".

    Lock them up...throw away the key and quit coming up with excuses as to why they should be released back out into the public.
    If I told you what prison inmates will be able to get come January you'd flip your lid.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Sonnabend
    Guest
    Which ought to tell you how much of an idiot you really are because if you paid attention you'd see that I already chimed in on how I believe this is a violation of the 4th amendment so you can rub your little name calling on your chest. And I'd rather be a police apologist than a police hater like you.
    Dealt with this already in a previous thread. Whatever floats your boat...

    At least I'm doing something worthwhile with my life not complaining about how law enforcement is done in a country I've never lived in. As for what was done to those poor little prison inmates, cry me a fucking river and maybe you should probably look at what's going on in your own back yard before casting aspersions at another country's prison system:
    Doesnt matter where I live (hey, nice straw man btw, why didnt you also tell me theres a unicorn over there?), doesnt matter where it happened, if its wrong, its wrong.

    Cry you a fucking river...so you have an issue with those two cops (conceded btw) but you think the idea of having inmates fight like dogs is fine because they are in prison?

    Wow...just wow...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    8,067
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    If I told you what prison inmates will be able to get come January you'd flip your lid.
    Won't surprise me. They already live better than most soldiers in the barracks.

    Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •