Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    ObamaCare Found To Restrict Where You Live And Travel

Freedom: It's bad enough that the president's health insurance takeover costs more, breaks his pledge of letting you keep your plan and diminishes choice. It actually restricts your travels too.

'We have never had to put a wall up to keep our people in." Those words from President John F. Kennedy in June 1963, standing at the Berlin Wall, neatly illustrated the moral superiority of the free West over the Soviet bloc.

But Americans are now about to find themselves grappling with their own bureaucratic Berlin Wall. The American Thinker's Stella Paul has exposed the virtually unnoticed fact that within the ObamaCare exchanges so many Americans are being forced into, "most plans only provide local medical coverage."

Paul warns this will have "a profound impact on the real-estate market, particularly the second home sector, and on the travel business." She interviewed one Connecticut retiree whose health required having a winter home in South Carolina. Her $450-per-month, $2,500 deductible, no co-pay Blue Cross policy that had worked well in both states was suddenly canceled.

The new policy she was offered under ObamaCare was twice as expensive, with a deductible costing $1,000 more, and no out-of-network coverage.

Having had a surgery at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York City, out-of-network coverage was a must. And she found it. "It's $900 a month," she told Paul, "with a $7,000 deductible and a co-pay on everything. Basically, it's catastrophic insurance, and I'll be paying my South Carolina doctors out of pocket."

A prominent New York insurance broker pointed out that most of the policies offered on the ObamaCare exchanges are not national networks, so "if you need routine medical services, they will not be covered when you leave your local area," as they were before.

Travel health insurance, unfortunately, only covers emergencies. So, the broker told Paul, "a large portion of the population will have their insurance as a consideration for their mobility, which they never had before."

Imagine having to take all this into account in making decisions about where in America you want to live.

And as Paul asks, "With Americans no longer able to receive routine medical services when they travel, will they start showing up in emergency rooms for sore throats and backaches? And how will these new throngs of patients affect the waiting time of people with genuine medical emergencies?"

Meet the latest unpleasant ObamaCare surprise, right on the heels of HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius this week finally admitting that, contrary to Obama's endlessly repeated promise, "there are some individuals who may be looking at increases" in premiums.

Unrestricted movement is a birthright of our liberty. Even socialized medicine's harshest opponents didn't suspect Washington would trample that freedom.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Unrestricted movement is a birthright of our liberty. Even socialized medicine's harshest opponents didn't suspect Washington would trample that freedom.
    The bill was a Trojan Horse paving the way to serfdom.

House Democrat Eleanor Holmes Norton: Obamacare Sign-Ups Low Because Millions of People Think Republicans Repealed the Law…

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/dem-congr...ealed-the-law/

Not even worth finding the video. You know the drill.

You have to give them credit for imaginative lies, er, excuses. As an ex English teacher, I'd give them an A for creativity but an F for honesty.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    You have to give them credit for imaginative lies, er, excuses. As an ex English teacher, I'd give them an A for creativity but an F for honesty.
    Right now, it's just Johnny Cochran-ing: you know, throwing up everything you can and seeing what sticks. The more variety in your explanations, the more likely it is that you're lying.

Very common and necessary generic drugs for conditions such as diabetes and hypertension now need prior authorization from Medicaid, even if the patient has been taking these medications already.

I seen it with my own eyes.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Paul warns this will have "a profound impact on the real-estate market, particularly the second home sector, and on the travel business." She interviewed one Connecticut retiree whose health required having a winter home in South Carolina. Her $450-per-month, $2,500 deductible, no co-pay Blue Cross policy that had worked well in both states was suddenly canceled.

The new policy she was offered under ObamaCare was twice as expensive, with a deductible costing $1,000 more, and no out-of-network coverage.

Having had a surgery at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York City, out-of-network coverage was a must. And she found it. "It's $900 a month," she told Paul, "with a $7,000 deductible and a co-pay on everything. Basically, it's catastrophic insurance, and I'll be paying my South Carolina doctors out of pocket."

Shut up and PAY!!! I'm sure this lady is a rich,white,RACIST!!!! She probably deserves to die so
    some POS scumbag can post on DU that "I have health care!!!!"
    May the FORCE be with you!

I think Baghdad Bob sums it up nicely:

Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Hey all you healthcare insurance companies, you now reside within the halls of the national government.

You may believe that I see you as a part of the ‘private’ sector but guess what? I don’t.

You may believe that ‘we the little people’ don’t know what you’re up to, but you are wrong. You are now no different from any department or agency of the national government. PERIOD.

You may pretend to work for your shareholders and all the rest that defines private industry in the private sector, but that little blanket will soon be torn off and you will be stark naked in front of the world to see you for what you are … a government agency!

As far as I am concerned, you have abandoned any little shred of respect you might have had. You work for Congress and the White House and will from this point forward.

So don’t even try to portray yourselves as a private enterprise. YOU ARE NOT, SO DO NOT LIE IN THE FUTURE.

Your friend,

Mrs AL
    http://hardnoxandfriends.com/2013/11...ance-industry/

http://seattle.cbslocal.com/2014/01/...-year-old-son/

PORTLAND, Ore. (CBS Seattle/AP) — One Oregon mother says that she is unable to afford health insurance for her and her 18-month-old son because it’s too expensive.

Kate Holly, 33, tells KOIN-TV that she originally championed President Barack Obama’s signature health care law because she thought it would help people in her situation.

“I’ve been a cheerleader for the Affordable Care Act since I heard about it and I assumed that it was designed for people in my situation,” Holly, a freelance yoga instructor, told KOIN. “I was planning on using the Affordable Care Act and I had done the online calculator in advance to make sure I was going to be able to afford it.”

Holly’s husband works for a non-profit organization that pays for his health care, but the couple is unable to afford to have her and their son covered under his plan. And she’s been told their combined income is too much to qualify for a subsidized health care plan under Cover Oregon.

“It wasn’t until I started the process and got an agent that I started hearing from them I wasn’t going to qualify for subsidies because I qualify on my husband’s insurance,” she told KOIN.

Holly is hoping things work out but she doesn’t know if she will have health care for her and her son.

“I guess I’m hoping that I will find out there’s a way around this, but I don’t know yet,” Holly told KOIN.