Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1. #51 CMS Official: We Still Haven't Built '30 to 40 Percent' of Obamacare's Web Apparatus 
    CMS Official: We Still Haven't Built '30 to 40 Percent' of Obamacare's Web Apparatus, Including Payment Systems
    http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybens...built-n1749461

Skip ahead to the 3:15 mark, hit 'play,' and fasten your seat belt...

REP. CORY GARDNER: Well how much do we have to build today, still? What do we need to build? 50 percent? 40 percent? 30 percent?

HENRY CHAO: I think it's, uh, just an approximation, we're probably sitting somewhere between 60 and 70 percent because we still have to build...

GARDNER: Wait, 60 or 70 percent that needs to be built, still?

CHAO: Because we still have to build the payment systems to make payments to insurers in January.

GARDNER: Let me get this correct. Sixty to 70 percent of Healthcare.gov still needs to be built?

CHAO: It's not really about Healthcare.gov -- it's the federally-facilitated marketplace.

GARDNER: The entire system that the American people are being required to rely upon...

CHAO: Healthcare.gov -- the online application, verification, determination, plan compare, getting enrolled, generating the enrollment transaction -- that's 100 percent there.

GARDNER: But the entire system is 60 to 70 percent away from being complete.

CHAO: There's the back office systems, the accounting systems, the payment systems...they still need to be done.

The Left is losing their cool thanks to Obamacare, and it's not only Martin Bashir:

Professor Tells 'Evil' GOP Rep 'F*ck You' over Obamacare Criticism
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...care-criticism

An English professor for the taxpayer-subsidized Langston University, a historically black college in Oklahoma, took to social media Tuesday to deride congressional Republicans, specifically Rep. Tim Griffin (R-AR), for their efforts to expose the flaws of Obamacare amid its disastrous rollout, Breitbart News has learned.

Larry Van Meter, an associate professor of English at the school, visited Griffin’s Google Plus page Tuesday, leaving comments criticizing him and his GOP colleagues in the U.S. Congress.

Griffin had posted a video of a CNN story about how former Obamacare supporter Jessica Sanford lost her healthcare plan because of the president’s healthcare law and how she now cannot afford any of the new plans. “A heartbreaking story about a woman who is unable to get health insurance because the cost is so high under #Obamacare,” the congressman posted with the video.

In response to that post, Van Meter posted as a comment: “Call me when you come up with a better plan, you stupid crook. Of course, that would involve taking off your knee pads.”

“‘Obamacare or nothing’ is a false choice,” the congressman responded. “House Republicans have dozens of alternative proposals to help lower costs and expand access. For example, I've cosponsored The American Health Care Reform Act (H.R. 3121). You can learn more about it here.” Griffin added a link to a press release showing the details of HR 3121.

In response to Griffin’s information, Van Meter lashed out with a profanity-laced post. Van Meter told Griffin “fuck you,” said “you Republicans are evil,” and said Griffin was a “graft-taking motherfucker,” among other comments....

ObamaCare Forced Mom Into Medicaid
    http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...07724152219590

By
    Nicole L. Hopkins
    Nov. 20, 2013 7:13 p.m. ET

My mother is not one to seek attention by complaining, so her recent woeful Facebook post caught my eye: "The poor get poorer." It diverged from the more customary stream of inspirational quotes, recipes and snapshots from her tiny cottage in Pierce County, Wash.

The post continued: "I just received a notice: 'In order to comply with the new healthcare law, your current health plan will be discontinued on December 31, 2013.' Currently my premium is $276 and it is a stretch for me to cover. The new plan . . . are you ready . . . projected new rate $415.20. Now I can't afford health insurance."

The unaffordable ObamaCare-compliant plan that her insurer offered in a Sept. 26 letter is not what makes my mother's story noteworthy. Countless individually insured Americans have received such letters; many are seeing more radical increases in premiums and deductibles.

But most of these people are still being offered the chance to choose what health-care insurance they will receive, or to opt out before they are automatically enrolled in a state program. Not so my mother, Charlene Hopkins, as I soon discovered when I called after seeing her Facebook post.

Since she couldn't afford the new plan offered by her insurer, she told me she was eager to explore her new choices under the Affordable Care Act. Washington Healthplanfinder is one of the better health-exchange sites, and she was actually able to log on. She entered her personal and financial data. With efficiency uncommon to the ObamaCare process, the site quickly presented her with a health-care option.

That is not a typo: There was just one option—at the very affordable monthly rate of zero. The exchange had determined that my mother was not eligible to choose to pay for a plan, and so she was slated immediately for Medicaid. She couldn't believe it was true and held off completing the application...

The Sept. 26 letter from my mother's insurer promised that the more expensive plan "conforms with the new health care law"—by covering maternity needs, newborn wellness and pediatric dental care. My mother asked: "Do I need maternity care at 52?" In addition to requiring her to pay an extra $1,677 annually, the plan would have increased her deductible by $1,500.

But she had at least been presented with an option that she could turn down, unlike on the state exchange.

The situation sounded absurd, so I asked her to walk me through her application on Washington Healthplanfinder to make sure she wasn't missing anything... We checked and double-checked the information, but the only option still appeared to be Medicaid. She suggested clicking on "Apply for Coverage," thinking that other options might appear.

Instead, almost mockingly, her "Eligibility Results" came back: "Congratulations, we received and reviewed your application and determined [you] will receive the health care coverage listed below: Washington Apple Health. You will receive a letter telling you which managed care plan you are enrolled with." Washington Apple Health is the mawkish rebranding of Medicaid in Washington state.

The page lacked a cancel button or any way to opt out of Medicaid. It was done; she was enrolled, and there was nothing to do but click "Next" and then to sign out......

From the Comments section of the above story:

http://online.wsj.com/public/page/re...nto%20Medicaid

Charles Whitlatch Replied:

Xavier, there is a more serious issue with being forced to take Medicaid from the government. If any Medicaid payments are made to you, then at your death, your estate will be sold and the payments recovered by the Federal government. Your children will not inherit your full estate, or your home.

Medicaid Estate Recovery is the process initiated by U.S. state governments for recovering payments they made under the Medicaid program to program beneficiaries. The government recovers the sum of payments from the estate at the time of death of the program beneficiary.

The recovery is authorized and required by the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993.

1 day ago
    JAIRO PUENTES Replied:

Obamacare's goal is to turn everybody's insurance into Medicaid.
    46 Recommendations

9 hours ago
    Charles Whitlatch Replied:

Yes, when every U.S. citizen is a Medicaid beneficiary, Obamacare will be funded by confiscating the elderly's estate. Your children will not inherit your home or your estate until the Medicaid payments are reimbursed.

Medicaid Estate Recovery is the process initiated by U.S. state governments for recovering payments they made under the Medicaid program to program beneficiaries. The government recovers the sum of payments from the estate at the time of death of the program beneficiary.

Obamacare Fail: Hawaii Health Connector Exec Quits

http://www.hawaiifreepress.com/Artic...xec-Quits.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by hai View Post
    Obamacare Fail: Hawaii Health Connector Exec Quits

http://www.hawaiifreepress.com/Artic...xec-Quits.aspx
    I also seen this:

Obamacare Hawaii: 170,000 Policies Cancelled, 257 people sign up

http://www.hawaiifreepress.com/Artic...e-sign-up.aspx

Kids with Cancer lose insurance thanks to...you guessed it!

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-T...Lose-Insurance

KXII: GAINESVILLE, TEXAS -- A Gainesville family is fighting for their childrens' lives. Ronald and Krista Alford's two children, Hunter and Mikayla, were born with extremely rare types of cancer. Now, seven years into fighting that battle, they've been hit with a new one: their children's insurance has been cancelled, affecting Hunter's chemotherapy. News 12's Allison Harris brings us their story of struggle and strength. Hunter Alford is due for his next round of chemo. As of right now, his mom Krista says, he's unlikely to get it.

"Since his insurance was dropped, we're thinking about cancelling his chemotherapy," Krista Alford said.

The 7-year-old, who loves playing games on his iPad, is reportedly the youngest person to have his type of cancer. Hunter has Plexiform Hishocyne Neoplasm. The Alford's are in a battle with children's medicaid -- or CHIP -- Hunter's insurance. Krista says, despite receiving a new, renewed insurance card, the agency told her they dropped his insurance. "I called them and they said we were dropped October 31st," Krista said. Krista says an insurance agent told her that Hunter's information got lost when they made changes under the new Affordable Care Act. Now, Krista is on a mission to re-gain that insurance, but they're running out of time before his next chemo treatment, and the agent says they can't expedite.

"The lady's like, the only way we can expedite is if your son was pregnant and in labor, or if he was an illegal," Krista said. ..

Congressman Scalise on Obama press conference: “Like a person who burned down your house later showing up with an empty bucket”
    http://scalise.house.gov/press-relea...-showing-empty

Nov 14, 2013 Issues: Health Care

“President Obama has offered no solutions to help the millions of American families who are losing the good health care plans that they liked,” Scalise said. “This hollow press conference was like a person who burned down your house, later showing up with an empty bucket and talking about how inadequate your house was before the fire. President Obama blatantly misled the American people when he kept promising they could keep plans they liked even though he and his Administration knew three years ago that millions would lose their health care under this law. It is time for President Obama to admit his broken health care law has failed, and join with House Republicans to suspend the penalties and stop this train wreck before it's too late.”

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Kids with Cancer lose insurance thanks to...you guessed it!

How sad, very sad.