Hybrid View

1. #1 There may be other planets like ours 
    There are likely 40 billion Earth-like planets in our Milky Way galaxy, astronomers say.

Moe>http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...&dlvrit=206567

Oh crap!!! Liberals they're everywhere they're everywhere!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

"Earth-like" doesn't mean habitable by humans. I say ship the libtards to these "earth-like" planets where they will probably be roasted, frozen or crushed by gravity.

Check out the Drake equation.

Personally, I think there are some out there, and maybe inhabited. But there are so many factors involved that it's impossible to calculate the number.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I say give them their own planet.

Half the population will be gay so they will all die at some point and the
    other half will tax each other till they all starve.

BUT....They will have ObamaCare!!! So there!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

If the universe is truly infinite, then somewhere there probably is another planet capable of supporting life as we know it. That doesn't mean I believe every claim of UFO sitings or alien abductions, or Escapes from Witch Mountain.

Fabulous Poster
    Ask Romney and David Miscavage.

Fabulous Poster
    But seriously, of course there are other planets like ours. They are populated by whimsically different featured humanoids who are millions of years removed from our common ancestry, if any, but who despite their profound physical differences are sexually compatible with earthlings. But , of course, we are the prettiest and smartest of all the humanoids, which is why we get the good positions at Federation Of Planets.

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    "Earth-like" doesn't mean habitable by humans. I say ship the libtards to these "earth-like" planets where they will probably be roasted, frozen or crushed by gravity.

Check out the Drake equation.

Personally, I think there are some out there, and maybe inhabited. But there are so many factors involved that it's impossible to calculate the number.

Yeah, I think the number is vastly overestimated. to actually be 'Earth-like' in the sense of people living on or beneath its surface, it would have to be in the 'Liquid water' range from its primary, be of a mass that would be somewhere in the .75 - 1.25 gravity range, be old enough but young enough to have a tectonically-sound rocky crust to live on, but also a liquid outer core of nickel-iron to generate enough of a magnetic field to shield it from radiation, have a non-poisonous atmosphere and soil chemistry, have both surface land and surface water, and have a single large satellite to keep its angle of inclination locked to something in the range of 30 degrees or less from the plane of the ecliptic. I personally think this combination of factors is going to prove incredibly, incredibly rare.