Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Let me simplify it for you: You can't call gay people child molesters and women murderers and win elections in coastal states.
    You think that is why he lost? Let me explain point by point exactly why.

1. See those Blue areas in the maps on this thread? They are filled with people who want "free shit". They are also where the corporate $$$$$$ is. There are more of "them", than there are people like Me.

2. See the Red places? Those are people born in Virginia many of which are trying to get by on what they make. There are less of them.

3. The Clinton machine and a whole lot of out of state $$$$$ was pumped into McAuliffe's election. $$$ = Political power, not to mention the Libertarian shill they helped out pulled in 4% of many right wing votes.

4. The GOP Establishment machine did not like Cuccinelli. They did not offer much $$$$$ or support.

5. Grassroots campaigns are extremely difficult (but not impossible) to overcome big time Political machines. Especially in small time elections.

6. Last and probably the least. Cuccinelli campaign did not run a flawless message. He ran out of time and $$$. I'm supremely confidant he would have beaten this hack had he had a few more weeks to right the ship. He almost won despite false polling showing him 6 to 8 points behind.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    I did the walk the neighborhood thing. Throwing pamphlets with election information and talking to people. It is surprising how few people vote in low profile elections. Of them all, your local is going to matter to you the most. Yesterday, in a city of about 750,000,000 people (Fort Worth), 22,000 voted on a half billion dollar bond election. That is really depressing.
    Fort Worth has really grown.... larger than Pakistan apparently.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    1. See those Blue areas in the maps on this thread? They are filled with people who want "free shit". They are also where the corporate $$$$$$ is. There are more of "them", than there are people like Me.

2. See the Red places? Those are people born in Virginia many of which are trying to get by on what they make. .
    3% of people in Fairfax are on SNAP.
    2% of people in Arlington are on SNAP
    5% of people in Alexandria are on SNAP
    2% of people in Loudon are on SNAP
    5% of Prince William (and I am surprised it's that low) are on SNAP
    0% of people in Fairfax City are on SNAP

Since the point of this is to prove your theory to be suspect I will point out that Richmond and Charlottesville City are indeed more heavily represented in SNAP recipients at 19% and 12% while Henrico County is 8%.

Counties which voted for Cooch would include:

Tazewell by 50 points with 15% on SNAP
    Scott by 50 points with 14% on SNAP
    Smyth County by 35 points with 18% on SNAP
    Henry County by 26 points with 18% on SNAP
    Accomac County by 11 points with 13% on SNAP
    Pulaski County (by 27 points), Wythe County (by 37 points) at 15% and 14% on SNAP respectively.

http://frac.org/wp-content/uploads/2..._formatted.pdf

http://www.politico.com/2013-electio...rnor/virginia/

Fort Worth has really grown.... larger than Pakistan apparently.
    Oops. 750,000.

3% of people in Fairfax are on SNAP.
    2% of people in Arlington are on SNAP
    5% of people in Alexandria are on SNAP
    2% of people in Loudon are on SNAP
    5% of Prince William (and I am surprised it's that low) are on SNAP
    0% of people in Fairfax City are on SNAP

Since the point of this is to prove your theory to be suspect I will point out that Richmond and Charlottesville City are indeed more heavily represented in SNAP recipients at 19% and 12% while Henrico County is 8%.

Counties which voted for Cooch would include:

Tazewell by 50 points with 15% on SNAP
    Scott by 50 points with 14% on SNAP
    Smyth County by 35 points with 18% on SNAP
    Henry County by 26 points with 18% on SNAP
    Accomac County by 11 points with 13% on SNAP
    Pulaski County (by 27 points), Wythe County (by 37 points) at 15% and 14% on SNAP respectively.

http://frac.org/wp-content/uploads/2..._formatted.pdf

http://www.politico.com/2013-electio...rnor/virginia/
    lol...

oh...you think I'm talking about "just" poor people. Middle class and Rich people want free shit too. Welcome to the 21st century pal.

Get a clue.

Ever heard of Gov Lobbyists? or Corporate Contractors. The Blue Zones of Virginia are Government Tit suck central.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    lol...

oh...you think I'm talking about "just" poor people. Middle class and Rich people want free shit too. Welcome to the 21st century pal.

Get a clue.

Ever heard of Gov Lobbyists? or Corporate Contractors. The Blue Zones of Virginia are Government Tit suck central.
    Artless.

McAwful won by 2.49%. In a race that was projected to be a double digit win by him, I call this a successful effort by Cuccinelli. If the Democrats actually allowed this to be a fair contest they would be screaming bloody murder this morning. But the whole campaign showed what kind of slimeballs they really are. And am I the only one who's disturbed that the info about Sarvis didn't come out until yesterday? I wonder who had the info and sat on it. And if this race didn't prove that we need a viable conservative party nothing does.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    The rest of your rant was just boilerplate silliness but that has some merit.
    Oh, please. What part of it do you care to refute? Nova is a single issue voter and Cuccinelli was on the wrong side of that issue, so Nova loathes him. McAuliffe is on the record as favoring gun control, and he will raise taxes and increase state spending. He's also up to his ears in corrupt green business, so his destruction of the state's infrastructure in favor of pie-in-the-sky global warming hysteria is a pretty safe bet. As for his corrupting everything that he touches, McAuliffe was Bill Clinton's fundraiser. He was the mastermind behind the Lincoln Bedroom overnights, the Buddhist temple fundraiser and the rest of the Clinton fundraising scandals. He's corrupt through and through.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    McAwful won by 2.49%. In a race that was projected to be a double digit win by him, I call this a successful effort by Cuccinelli. If the Democrats actually allowed this to be a fair contest they would be screaming bloody murder this morning. But the whole campaign showed what kind of slimeballs they really are. And am I the only one who's disturbed that the info about Sarvis didn't come out until yesterday? I wonder who had the info and sat on it. And if this race didn't prove that we need a viable conservative party nothing does.
    Politics isn't about playing fair, it's about winning. Democrats get this, and they win, by any means necessary. We have to recognize that when we go in, or we're going to get our heads handed to us every time. Cuccinelli lost because he was underfunded and didn't respond forcefully to McAuliffe's smears. It's not like he didn't know that they were coming.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

Politics isn't about playing fair, it's about winning. Democrats get this, and they win, by any means necessary. We have to recognize that when we go in, or we're going to get our heads handed to us every time. Cuccinelli lost because he was underfunded and didn't respond forcefully to McAuliffe's smears. It's not like he didn't know that they were coming.
    There's a difference between playing to win and cheating to win. Before this election, the only other Libertarian ever on the Virginia governor's ballot garnered 0.77% of the vote and that was in 2001. If Cuccinelli does nothing else and this was a fair election, he wins by probably 3% if not more. If this happened to a Democrat, the cries for an investigation would be deafening.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Sad fact is...if Cuccinelli had won by 2.9% McAwful would be demanding (and getting) a recount...and they'd keep recounting till he won.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.