Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1 Hagel Makes Unusual Comment on NPR 
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    8,327
    Steve InskeepVerified account‏@NPRinskeep

    Hagel: Rising health care costs may create "military that's heavily compensated, but probably...not capable and not ready." @MorningEdition
    https://twitter.com/NPRinskeep/statu...59814577655808

    Not sure how the rest of you read that...but to me that's the first announcement that our benefits are about to be cut in the name of readiness.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    44,356
    And/or have it's numbers cut. I'm sure the Libtards would love that...
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    8,327
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    And/or have it's numbers cut. I'm sure the Libtards would love that...
    They're already looking at cutting 150K from the ranks. Obama has been salivating at the prospect of cutting our retirement benefits and we're already getting less than a 1% raise.

    This is just the first statement in the next step of his punishing the military.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Since the first thing he mentioned was healthcare costs then I'd say that that is the first place to look to cut expenses. Clearly something is wrong any time something varies immensely.


    Ten thousand combat veterans with post-traumatic stress disorder flooded into VA hospitals every three months this year, pushing the number of patients ill with the disorder above 200,000 and straining resources, Department of Veterans Affairs data to be released today show.

    http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...ise/51476604/1

    Is there something different about this war?
    Are today's soldier less capable of handling psychological impact than others before?
    Is this a bubble?
    Is this simply because psychiatric treatment has been largely destigmatized?
    Is there some path of benefit here that isn't obvious or being stated?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    43,309
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    They're already looking at cutting 150K from the ranks. Obama has been salivating at the prospect of cutting our retirement benefits and we're already getting less than a 1% raise.

    This is just the first statement in the next step of his punishing the military.
    They have this utopian view that the world will follow suit and disarm if we do, supposedely we are the main threat to the world.
    If you were a communist trojan horse this would be the path you would take in leading a democratic superpower.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    43,309
    Most people have no idea the serious trouble we are in, this is all starting to gel and will soon pick up speed to a point where you could not possibly keep up with their moves, we are almost at that point now with everything his majesty is doing under cover of healthcare debacles.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    8,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    They have this utopian view that the world will follow suit and disarm if we do, supposedely we are the main threat to the world.
    If you were a communist trojan horse this would be the path you would take in leading a democratic superpower.
    Those that don't learn from history...
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •