Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Gay Harvard Grad Matthew Meisel Implicated in Illegal IRS Leak 
    Power CUer
    Gay Harvard Grad Matthew Meisel Implicated in Illegal IRS Leak
    http://spectator.org/blog/2013/10/31...-matthew-meise

Last year’s illegal leak of confidential non-profit donor information by the Internal Revenue Service has been linked to a 2007 Harvard University graduate who was a member of a gay activist group within Bain and Co.

IRS rules prevent congressional investigators from publicly naming the tax agency employee who leaked the information about donors to the National Organization for Marriage (NOM), Eliana Johnson of National Review reports, however, that the person to whom the information was leaked was former Bain and Co. employee Matthew Meisel. A 2007 graduate of Harvard, Meisel was active in an employee organization called Bain Gay and Lesbian Association for Diversity (BGLAD), Meisel’s activism on behalf of gay-oriented diversity hiring programs has been trumpeted in the Harvard Crimson and Yale Herald.

Johnson’s National Review report cites investigators with the House Ways and Means Committee for how the information about donors to NOM (which opposes the legalization of same-sex marriage) was leaked from the IRS, revealing GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s private contributions to the organization:

[A]n IRS agent working in the Exempt Organizations Division — the same division that, until May, was under the direction of Lois Lerner, who retired under duress last month — leaked NOM’s Schedule B to Matthew Meisel, a former employee of Bain & Company… . After he obtained NOM’s donor list from the IRS employee, the committee says, Meisel then turned it over to the Human Rights Campaign. Neither Meisel nor the Human Rights Campaign returned calls seeking comment.
    (More at the link)

That is what is known as a felony. Congress needs to have this guy under subpoena before he gets away.

Sic hacer pace, para bellum.
    Sent from my android.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    That is what is known as a felony. Congress needs to have this guy under subpoena before he gets away.
    To where? Wouldn't you guess that Congressmen come in two flavors in this context: those who support NOM and those who don't. Those who don't are on our side, those who do are vulnerable to attack on their integrity as representatives of all the people who betray their office by belonging to a hate group.

This ship has largely sailed anyway. Cuccinelli has lost Virginia on this issue and the GOP is finally learning to distinguish between being conservative and being a religious bigot jackass.

And there are no liberal religious big jackasses?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Yeah, but there is a huge difference between someone who believes in wishy washy universal love and someone who believes that God hates you.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    To where? Wouldn't you guess that Congressmen come in two flavors in this context: those who support NOM and those who don't. Those who don't are on our side, those who do are vulnerable to attack on their integrity as representatives of all the people who betray their office by belonging to a hate group.

This ship has largely sailed anyway. Cuccinelli has lost Virginia on this issue and the GOP is finally learning to distinguish between being conservative and being a religious bigot jackass.
    Don't you get it? It doesn't matter whose return was leaked, it's still a felony. You don't just pretend that they don't have rights because you don't don't like them. They're a lot more tolerant of you than you are of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Jeremiah Wright...
    Yeah, but there is a huge difference between someone who believes in wishy washy universal love and someone who believes that God hates you.
    The left is already a religion, and the only thing that it loves universally is power. I'll take my chances with the fundamentalists than with leftists any day.

Sent from my android.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Fabulous Poster
    I'll take my chances with the fundamentalists than with leftists any day.
    From your perspective, I'm not really sure it makes that much difference.

Power CUer
    Exactly.

From your perspective, I'm not really sure it makes that much difference.
    As a Jewish conservative, I've got less to fear from Christian fundamentalists than I do leftist totalitarians. As a militant gay, you basically cannot accept anything other than absolute submission (in the political sense), or your entire philosophy fails.

Sent from my android.
    --Odysseus

As a Jewish conservative, I've got less to fear from Christian fundamentalists than I do leftist totalitarians. As a militant gay, you basically cannot accept anything other than absolute submission (in the political sense), or your entire philosophy fails.

Sent from my android.
    I've met militant leftists over the years. I'd hear their ideas of what they wanted done with people who aren't like them and it was unreal. I don't think that Nova's much of one if at all. I think I did debate him a while back about the businesses catering to gay couples stuff. I was gearing up to be told to go fuck myself, but he didn't do that. He hasn't put me down for having a different opinion and to the best of my knowledge, he hasn't leaked crucial information about anybody. If Nova's your idea of a militant leftist, then I'm going to guess you don't know any real ones. I can show you some real ones if you like (and I don't necessarily mean DU, it gets worse).