Thread: John Moffitt walks away from NFL, $1 million...

1. #1 John Moffitt walks away from NFL, $1 million... 
    A feel-good NFL story,

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/2389071...-nfl-1-million
    (snip)

The third-year guard from Wisconsin called the Broncos from his home in Seattle this week to notify them he wouldn't be returning to the team following its bye.

(snip)

"I don't care about the Super Bowl. I don't," Moffitt insisted. "I used to. I mean, anytime I played this game, I gave my heart to it and I'm a person that does thing with his heart. ... I don't need the Super Bowl experience. I played in great stadiums and I played against great players. And I had that experience and it's enough."

(snip)

"I just want to be happy. And I find that people that have the least in life are sometimes the happiest. And I don't have the least in life. I have enough in life."

(snip)

"I'm ready to go to work and start doing other things right now," Moffitt said. "So, it's a smoother transition and I'm still young enough to start a career and my body's healthy and I'm good. I look at it as a great start to life, you know?"
    What's not to admire about this guy...........
    http://allenbwest.com/
    http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg
    Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Sorry to say but this is a douche move by him. If he didn't care so much then quit in the pre-season. Instead he chose to take a roster spot from someone who would kill to be on the team. Not to mention he leaves his team in a lurch to fill his spot. This move is as selfish a move as I've ever heard of. I don't wish him any ill will, just that he should have walked away when his trade to Cleveland fell through.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

He will be back when the money he has runs out.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    He will be back when the money he has runs out.
    No team will take him now. He quit and no one likes a quitter. Again, he should have left in the pre-season. Unlike Glen Coffee, who was beginning to look like a star, who walked away in the pre-season in 2010. He is currently a paratrooper in the Army and hopes to be a Green Beret.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    No team will take him now. He quit and no one likes a quitter. Again, he should have left in the pre-season. Unlike Glen Coffee, who was beginning to look like a star, who walked away in the pre-season in 2010. He is currently a paratrooper in the Army and hopes to be a Green Beret.

You have a point, I didn't factor that in.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

I respectfully disagree with the thought that he was a quitter.

There is a time when team participation is important, but there also comes a time when one individual of a team concludes that there are better things in life for them. That moment may come at any time. Moffitt was not a starter, so leaving the team was no great loss since there were others to replace him. He didn't walk away in the middle of a game.

He gave up $1,012,000 in future contractual earnings to do what he thought was best for himself, and that's no small price to pay to do what you think is best for yourself. He wasn't a deserter, he was self-principled. He became a John Galt:
    I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.
    John Galt in "Atlas Shrugged"
    http://allenbwest.com/
    http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg
    Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA