Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    When you consider we liberals pretty much own the Oscars, the Grammys, the Emmys, the Golden Globes, etc., I think that some mild Obama jokes at the CMA awards are not really a big deal.

It's not even close to some of Kanye's antics at award shows or fundraisers. I know there was the one anti-Bush rant, but I'm thinking more of how he treated Taylor Swift that one time, even though it wasn't political.
    The left play by 2 different sets of rules. One for them, one for the rest of us. SNL does a skit ragging on Obamacare and there is nary a peep. The CMA's do it and there is wailing and gnashing of teeth.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    The left play by 2 different sets of rules. One for them, one for the rest of us. SNL does a skit ragging on Obamacare and there is nary a peep. The CMA's do it and there is wailing and gnashing of teeth.

There are also insults:

Pompous Lib Elitist: Country Music Stars Criticizing Obamacare Are “Redneck Morons,” “Prefabricated Hicks”…

From Esquire Magazine

Apparently, the Affordable Care Act was the subject of some mockery in Nashburg last night at the annual festival of prefabricated hicks and manufactured shit kickers.

Let’s forget, shall we, that the act is working gloriously in places like Kentucky, but that places like Tennessee, which hosted the yearly gathering of artificial redneck morons, have decided to sabotage the act because Tennessee insists on electing idiots, which is why there are a lot of the problems for Jethro and Zelda Mae to make sport of on the electric teevee. Let’s also forget how much an actual Medicaid expansion would help in all those Southern states where these posers sell records and that have governors who suddenly find themselves allergic to Free Money (!) Let’s also forget that none of the make-believe goobers on stage last night ever are going to have to make the decision between medicine for the kids and food on the table.

Let’s forget all of that and concentrate on the main issue — which is that I think modern country music sucks gigantic bowls of monkey dick. It is, weight for age, the phoniest genre of music since Pat Boone was ripping off Little Richard. Most of what is celebrated as “country” these days is simply bad rock and roll played by people who look like they flunked the audition for a Night Ranger tribute band. I mean, Taylor Fking Swift is already a “legend,” and Patsy Cline would have eaten her on toast.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    There are also insults:

Pompous Lib Elitist: Country Music Stars Criticizing Obamacare Are “Redneck Morons,” “Prefabricated Hicks”…

From Esquire Magazine
    They're prefabricated hicks with millions of dollars. This must drive the left nuts. Also, country music is the only music genre that was essentially born here. This is also why the left hates it.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.