1. #1 Dad ‘unfit parent for refusing son McDonald’s’ 
    Power CUer
    Dad ‘unfit parent for refusing son McDonald’s’
    http://nypost.com/2013/11/07/psychol...cdonalds-suit/

A Manhattan dad is not lovin’ McDonald’s right now.

Attorney David Schorr slapped a court-appointed shrink with a defamation lawsuit for telling the judge deciding a custody battle with his estranged wife that he was an unfit parent — for refusing to take his son to the fast food joint for dinner.

“You’d think it was sexual molestation,” Schorr, 43, told The Post Thursday. “I am just floored by it.”

Schorr says in his Manhattan Supreme Court suit that E. 97th Street psychiatrist Marilyn Schiller filed a report saying he was “wholly incapable of taking care of his son” and should be denied his weekend visitation over the greasy burger ban.

Schorr, a corporate attorney turned consultant with degrees from NYU and Oxford University, had planned to take his 4-year-old son to their usual restaurant, the Corner Café on Third Avenue, for his weekly Tuesday night visitation last week.

But the boy threw a temper tantrum and demanded McDonald’s. So he gave his son an ultimatum: dinner anywhere other than McDonald’s — or no dinner.

“The child, stubborn as a mule, chose the ‘no dinner’ option,” the disgruntled dad says in the suit.

“It was just a standoff. I’m kicking myself mightily,” Schorr said.

“I wish I had taken him to McDonalds, but you get nervous about rewarding bad behavior. I was concerned. I think it was a 1950s equivalent of sending your child to bed without dinner. That’s maybe the worst thing you can say about it,” he said.

Adding insult to injury, he said: “My wife immediately took him to McDonalds.”...

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Adding insult to injury, he said: “My wife immediately took him to McDonalds.”...
    But isn't that child-abuse according to the PC/PETA/Moochelle crowd?

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Gee, it isn't like he said no to Whataburger!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Well, that proves that it's mothers who spoil children. They just can't stand the tears.

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

I've got to wonder about the psychiatrist's abilities, if she thinks that a parent who gives in to a child's tantrum is a better parent than one who refuses to take that kind of crap from his child.

The kid is using his parents' divorce to get what he wants. I warned one of my former coworkers about this, and in her case, I'm hoping the kid holds out for a pony.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I've got to wonder about the psychiatrist's abilities,
    There are many psychiatrists who are little more than whores for attorneys. Instead of earning an honest living gouging fucked up people, they earn a lot for not much work helping people fuck over their spouses in family court.

Fabulous Poster
    In case anyone missed it, me and Tom Cruz don't think much of psychiatrists and psychopharmaceuticals. If you are fucked up, learn to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    The kid is using his parents' divorce to get what he wants.
    I think that preteen kids are prone to do that. At those ages, they need to have explained to them not only the "what", but the "why". The father should have explained why he wasn't taking the boy to McDonalds.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    There are many psychiatrists who are little more than whores for attorneys. Instead of earning an honest living gouging fucked up people, they earn a lot for not much work helping people fuck over their spouses in famemily court.

Trust me, I know this personally as someone who works in Children's Services. There are some really excellent psychiatrists I've worked with, especially within psych hospitals for kids and teens. And some of the ones who do court evaluations are good, too, especially if they are affiliated with a hospital or if the court has their own clinic. But the ones who work for divorce lawyers and are getting paid by the evaluation have left their ethics behind in order to agree with one side of a case.