Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Family Stranded In Chicago After Airline Says Man Is Too Big To Fit On Plane November 
    (CBS) — They came to the United States for medical treatment for their son, but a French family is now stranded in Chicago because the airline that brought them here won’t take them back.
    CBS 2′s Derrick Blakley has the story of this foreign family’s travel troubles.
    22-year-old Kevin Chenais weighs 500 pounds and spent a year-and-a-half at the Mayo Clinic for treatment of a hormone disorder.
    He was supposed to fly home to France on British Airways, but for seven days, he and his family have been stranded in Chicago.

“We blame British Airways because now they just leave us, and they brought us here,” said Christina Chenais, Kevin’s mother.
    When it was time to go back, British Airways essentially decided, Kevin was too large to fit on board.
    “If they could bring him here with that problem in economy, there was a way to take him back by economy but just get him back home for his medical treatments to continue,” said Christina Chenais.
    In a statement, a British Airways spokesperson said: “Our customer service team worked diligently to find a solution…Unfortunately, it is not possible to safely accommodate the customer on any of our aircraft…”
    Kevin requires round-the-clock oxygen and full time medical attention.
    “I’m sure a lot of big people like or bigger cannot travel because they have the same problem,” said Kevin Chenais.
    They are now out of cash and marooned at an airport hotel and the family now plans to travel by train to New York and board the Queen Mary II to England, all taking time and money they can’t afford.
    Kevin’s parents insist British Airways was informed about Kevin’s size and medical needs before they bought their tickets.
    British Airways won’t comment specifically on that, only saying the needs of individual customers must be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
    http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/11/...-fit-on-plane/

Use liposuction, render the fat, convert to biofuel, give fuel to airline and fly home.

This sounds like the seefood gene to me.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Sonnabend
    Rock: ever see someone with a pituitary disorder? Or one with thyroid deficiencies or disorders? There are ways for people to eat like a sparrow and weigh 300 kilos or more. Hormone disorders can do horrific things to a body, as the hormones go nuts sending the body's systems the wrong messages.

I understand your comment, but in all truth, it isnt the case.

Pituitary hormones control growth and when they get out of control...heres an example

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ert_Wadlow.jpg

Andre the Giant was another..brain tumours can cause people to balloon out as well. It does happen.

Lost in all of this: Britain, a country who's healthcare system is so great, one of their citizens has to come here to get treated.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Rock: ever see someone with a pituitary disorder? Or one with thyroid deficiencies or disorders? There are ways for people to eat like a sparrow and weigh 300 kilos or more. Hormone disorders can do horrific things to a body, as the hormones go nuts sending the body's systems the wrong messages.

I understand your comment, but in all truth, it isnt the case.

Pituitary hormones control growth and when they get out of control...heres an example

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ert_Wadlow.jpg

Andre the Giant was another..brain tumours can cause people to balloon out as well. It does happen.
    500 pounds? It came from something and it wasn't air. I have to be careful how much I eat because my system wastes nothing, I have a feeling this guy does not eat like a sparrow, there are laws of physics to take into consideration also.
    He may very well have some hormone problems but this is our way with everything here now, nothing is a choice, it never is your own fault.

I have the mean gene and am not responsible for anything I typed (except stuff people like of course).
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Lost in all of this: Britain, a country who's healthcare system is so great, one of their citizens has to come here to get treated.
    I think it was France, I really like their fries!

Power CUer
    YES!

Fabulous Poster
    There are Americans who go to Mexico, Switzerland, and Canada for medical treatments. Does that mean that we don't have the finest healthcare available?

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    There are Americans who go to Mexico, Switzerland, and Canada for medical treatments. Does that mean that we don't have the finest healthcare available?
    I believe medical tourism is an industry in India.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    I believe medical tourism is an industry in India.
    There you go. The guy who owns my favorite market just went to Vietnam to get his teeth done. His wife told me that they could take the whole family to Vietnam, stay in a hotel, and visit with relatives while getting all their dental work done at once for what it would cost to get their dental work done here.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Link?

Canada used to be an option when the exchange rate was favorable, along with Canadian Rx Drugs. Several years ago I know people that had eye surgery in Canada.

Mexico is simply for the low price and a lot of people end up paying the price. Many of the same Mexican doctors can be found practicing in the back rooms of Hispanic grocery stores or even a Motel 6 room in Las Vegas, no need to travel and it costs less to have your body shipped home when things go wrong.