7 Ways That Republicans Fail Politics 101
It's frustrating enough that the Republican Party shoots itself in the foot over and over again, but it's particularly aggravating that the ones who do it always seem to think of themselves as the smartest people in the room. Well, if they're so smart and know what we have to do "to win," then why is it that they do so many selfish and stupid things? Even if you set ideology completely aside, how much sense does it make for Republicans to make elementary mistakes like...
1) Join "gangs" to help Democrats achieve THEIR policy goals: Do you ever notice that Barbara Boxer, Chuck Schumer, and Harry Reid don't ever join any "gangs" of Republicans that are trying to undermine Democrat policies? You're never going to see a "Gang of 8" or "Gang of 12" ... >>>
2) You don't bend over backwards to help the other side: Hey, Chris Christie, when your state is hit by a hurricane near the close of a presidential election, you don't do everything humanly possible to make Barack Obama look good at the expense of Mitt Romney. When there's a shutdown fight, Republicans like John McCain, Lindsey Graham, and Peter King shouldn't be publicly telling the world that the Republican Party is at fault. When that sort of open sabotage is rewarded, it pumps rat poison into the veins of the GOP.
3) Republican politicians shouldn't trash the grassroots: >>>
4) You don't lock out conservative groups: Can you imagine the SEIU having a hostile relationship with Harry Reid or Planned Parenthood having to publicly criticize Nancy Pelosi to get her to fight for abortion? Of course, not. Yet, the GOP has a TERRIBLE relationship with powerful conservative groups. The GOP leadership doesn't listen to big conservative groups, >>>
5) Any Republican staffers who work to undercut Republican politicians should lose their jobs: It's inexcusable for Republican staffers to work overtime to try to destroy Republican politicians. Yet, we have staffers trashing other Republicans to the press, handing the press opposition research, and doing everything they can to help liberals in the press tear down conservatives. >>>
6) The Republican Party shouldn't be involved in contentious primaries: The RNC, NRSC, NRCC and politicians in D.C. shouldn't be involved in competitive primaries. That's doubly so since they've shown such incredibly bad judgment in the past. After the Republican Party has backed disloyal leftists like Arlen Specter, Lincoln Chafee, Dede Scozzafava and Charlie Crist, it's only common sense to question whether the Republicans have any idea of what they're doing.
7) You don't lie to your base: If you're for a pathway to citizenship, Marco Rubio, you don't tell the world you're against it during your primary, criticize your opponent for supporting it, and then turn right around and lead the charge for amnesty. It's bad enough that politicians lie to anyone, but when they betray their own base on issues that matter (Read my lips, no new taxes), they DESERVE to get the Benedict Arnold treatment.
"Progressives" apparently infect the entire GOP 'leadership' today. Its no wonder theyre so anxious to raise the white flag just as quickly as they can, at almost every opportunity.