Thread: Book Thread!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am STILL reading True Evil by Greg Iles.

I snack on books instead of devouring them. It's not uncommon for me to read a couple of chapters and not pick it back up again for a month or so. I started reading this in February and I'm currently on page 401.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Sonnabend
    Xenophon: A History of my Times and Toland's brilliant work" In Mortal Combat: Korea 1950 - 1953"

A copy of the Anabasis is on order.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Little had about three good books in him and all the rest are just formulaic idiocy. I'm reading "The Devil's Labyrinth" by John Saul. It's pretty okay so far.
    The first book I read by Little was The Walking and I really enjoyed it. There have been a few other ones that were good but some that I just I rolled my eyes through. I haven't read Saul in years. He became too juvenile for me when I was around 12.:p
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    The first book I read by Little was The Walking and I really enjoyed it. There have been a few other ones that were good but some that I just I rolled my eyes through. I haven't read Saul in years. He became too juvenile for me when I was around 12.:p
    Maybe I'm revisiting my childhood; it is a horror novel, after all. :p

5. #15 What I'm reading 
    I just finished Paula Deen's latest book, her autobiography. It was a wonderful story.

I'm currently reading Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace revisited. So far, so good.
    www.klingtocash.com - my blog, helping you save more of your money.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristin View Post

And Linda isn't even here to pat you on the back.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

1945 by Newt Gingrinch and another guy

its about an alternate future where we didnt go to war w. the Nazis in WWII and are neutral to one another, until they attack us on american soil

Quote Originally Posted by Kristin View Post
    I just finished Paula Deen's latest book, her autobiography. It was a wonderful story.

I liked her to until she supported Obama...guess she loves paying taxes
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants, it is the creed of slaves." -William Pitt

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    My last was 'The Faithful Spy' By Alex Berenson .This kid works as a reporter for the hated New York Times but writes a great and believable spy story .He will eventually be as good as Frederick Forsyth and will pen a novel of the quality of 'The Afghan' one day !

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by NonConformist View Post
    1945 by Newt Gingrinch and another guy

its about an alternate future where we didnt go to war w. the Nazis in WWII and are neutral to one another, until they attack us on american soil

I liked her to until she supported Obama...guess she loves paying taxes
    Just another case of a petty celebrity playing at politics and having it hurt her career.When will these critters ever learn to keep their mouths shut about their politics ? They are always sure to offend someone !

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Maybe I'm revisiting my childhood; it is a horror novel, after all. :p
    I call Saul's stuff Horror Light. But he IS a good writer. I am not gonna beat a dead horse about Little...I think he has more than just about 3 good books, but whatever. It is his prerogative he is wants to espouse his moonbattiness is his novels...King has been doing it for years...again, whatever. I ignore it and still pretty much enjoy his books. On the other hand, the late-great Richard Laymon wrote novel called Come Out Tonight where he had three characters discuss how great Rush Limbaugh was...and to be honest, I can let a few comments go and ignore them...but if an entire novel centered around bashing conservatives, I would be the first one to stop reading it.
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature