Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    We name our helicopters after them Nova.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    We name our helicopters after them Nova.
    Good point.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    And if we don't get rules on this sort of thing, then one day someone will have to serve on the USS Bush II/Obama.

Or the USS Caesar Chavez.

Oh wait....

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

"Navy set to launch newest, most efficient carrier ..."

Anything 'efficient' named after G. Ford is... I dont know. Theres something amiss here.

But I guess it makes about as much sense as giving a Nobel Peace prize to some affirmative action clown who aside from being a serial congenital liar, has never accomplished anything. Except perhaps for some despair and dislocation. And other such 'nobel' things.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    It would stand to be poetic justice if this ship has an issue with clumsily running into things.
    At least he had a pretty good track record of being shot at and missed.

The "22nd Century" BS is kind of over the top, if typical DOD/Defense industry crapola, it's still in pretty much the same size, speed, damage control ballpark as the carriers that were built in the late 20th Century, just about every other feature is just a subsystem that could be retrofitted to the Lexington if she hadn't been sunk at Coral Sea 1942 and anyone wanted to spend the money to do it.

Does it run on electricity generated from the laughter of children?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Seriously? Gerald Ford?
    Ford was a Naval officer during WWII. Besides, if they could have a USS Jimmy Carter, then the bar is already at the bottom.

And if we don't get rules on this sort of thing, then one day someone will have to serve on the USS Bush II/Obama.
    The Barack Obama will be a stealth vessel. Nobody will know where it is, or what it is doing, especially the crew, but it will take credit for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Does it run on electricity generated from the laughter of children?
    Yes, but the Barack Obama will require solar panels from Solyndra in order to run.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Gerald Ford served in the Navy in WWII and he was President. That qualifies him for this honor.

He might have never been elected President or VP, he might have only served around 2 years in office, but he did one thing that no politician has done since-he put the needs of the country before his desire to get elected in 1976. He pardoned Nixon, knowing that it could cost him the 1976 election (and it did).

He also was from my home town, and everything in Grand Rapids is named after either him or Roger B. Chaffee.