Thread: The US Male

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Hmm maybe. Depends on the person. Either way you could always write an insult on a sign, and they wouldn't be able to read it. Could tell them it said "Northerners are commies" and they'd stand right by me drawing as much attention to it as possible.
    Yeah, we do like to make Yankees think we're dumb. I do it alot with the transplants down here, makes 'em let there guard down. Then when I show that I know more than they do about what they're talking about, they tend to shut up.

That same redneck (or as we call them, real men) will stand right by you and watch you paint the sign. And when you get through, bust it up and dare you to do anything about it.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    Yeah, we do like to make Yankees think we're dumb. I do it alot with the transplants down here, makes 'em let there guard down. Then when I show that I know more than they do about what they're talking about, they tend to shut up.

That same redneck (or as we call them, real men) will stand right by you and watch you paint the sign. And when you get through, bust it up and dare you to do anything about it.

At which point wilbur and his kind will start in about how they were kidding or some other lame excuse.

You don't like us Southernners or the South, there's always the North and West. Try it.

When I was a kid, we were the United States of America, Land of the Free and Home of the Brave. Now, we're America, Land of the Sheep and Home of the Nave.

Live each day as if you're going to die tomorrow. Learn each day as if you'll live forever.

Quote Originally Posted by dixierat View Post
    At which point wilbur and his kind will start in about how they were kidding or some other lame excuse.

You don't like us Southernners or the South, there's always the North and West. Try it.

And Florida.:D
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

And Florida.:D

Easy there, man. I live in Coonbottom, FL. :D

When I was a kid, we were the United States of America, Land of the Free and Home of the Brave. Now, we're America, Land of the Sheep and Home of the Nave.

Live each day as if you're going to die tomorrow. Learn each day as if you'll live forever.

Easy there, man. I live in Coonbottom, FL. :D

I know you're from Florida. They assimilate about as well as Mexicans down here, don't they?

I know you're from Florida. They assimilate about as well as Mexicans down here, don't they?
    The Mexicans actually fit in better. They understand our language better. And anyone South of Orlando should just wear an I'm a Yankee t-shirt. Unless they're Cuban.

The Mexicans actually fit in better. They understand our language better. And anyone South of Orlando should just wear an I'm a Yankee t-shirt. Unless they're Cuban.

I'm in po' dunk south GA, and they stick out like a sore thumb. They try to fit in, but that just makes it worse. I got a buddy that moved here from Chicago, I finally told him y'all is off limits to him. He don't have that priviledge any more.