Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    While I don't like the guy, if it came down to Christie and Clinton, who would you vote for or would you do like so many "conservatives" did last year and take your ball and go home essentially handing the election to Hillary Clinton?
    It doesn't matter who I would vote for here in California. Whoever the Dem candidate is they're going to win here so it doesn't matter if I don't vote.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

...still, I've never missed a chance to vote against Obama. And, I ain't missing the chance to vote against Hillary. They're so close idealistically, I see very little difference.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd-try View Post
    ...still, I've never missed a chance to vote against Obama. And, I ain't missing the next. As bad as it may seem, there isn't a potential Republican candidate as bad as this guy.
    A lion could eat the worst Republican we have and crap him out and I would vote for the pile of crap rather than vote for a Democrat.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    It doesn't matter who I would vote for here in California. Whoever the Dem candidate is they're going to win here so it doesn't matter if I don't vote.
    Yes, it will.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol
    When I judge someone's integrity one key thing I look at is - How does s/he treat people s/he doesn't agree with or does not like?
    I can respect someone who I do not agree with, but I have NO respect for someone who puts others down in a public forum. That is the hallmark of someone who has no integrity, and cannot be trusted.

Chris Christie is no presidential contender

If the last two presidential elections tell us anything, it’s that Republicans don’t succeed with candidates who lack clear vision and conviction consistent with the party’s conservative platform.

Given this, I understand why Democrats think that New Jersey governor Chris Christie should be a leading contender for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination. But why would any Republican see a typical political operative like Christie as presidential material? >>>

The American public is waking up to the fact that they elected, now twice, a president who is long on rhetoric and way short on delivery, and they are getting tired of it. >>>

How can a governor like Christie, who has been at the helm of one of the worst-performing state economies in the nation — unemployment and poverty rates well above the national average, among the nation’s worst in job creation, with one of the highest tax burdens in the country — be the exciting candidate Republicans will be looking for?

Why, when the American people will be thirsty for a real reform-minded leader, would Republicans turn to yet another visionless business-as-usual politico? >>>

He has demonstrated that his own political calculations are more important to him than his party or his nation.

Why else would he not have made a Republican appointment to the Senate when New Jersey Democrat Sen. Frank Lautenberg passed away? Instead, he decided to allow a special election to entice popular black Newark, N.J., Mayor Corey Booker to run for the open Senate seat, taking him out of the game to challenge Christie in his re-election campaign.

At a time when every Republican vote in the Senate is crucial, Christie opted to forego the opportunity of adding another Republican vote there because of his lack of courage to take on a strong Democrat opponent in his own re-election bid.

So running against a weak and underfunded Democrat opponent, incumbent Christie was re-elected.

The nation abounds in courageous, innovative Republican governors.

Unlike Christie, who took federal money available under Obamacare and to expand Medicaid in New Jersey, 21 states are refusing to take this bribe. >>>

And then, of course, we have Christie’s flip-flop on same-sex marriage, announcing that he would not challenge a New Jersey court decision to allow same- sex marriage — after Christie led everyone to believe he would oppose this.

So, again I ask. Why would any Republican think about Christie as a presidential contender?

More@WashingtonExaminer

Lets see. Theres 2nd amendment issues, gay marriage, immigration 'reform' ... the list is growing.

Just as 'abject failure' and 'marital affairs' is a resume enhancement for Dems, 'business as usual' is apparently a resume enhancer for todays GOP elite.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

I agree with every point. But, when the primary dust settles, if only CC is left standing, I'm still voting against Hillary. It's the most glowing endorsement for Christie I can provide.

We could really use a true representative candidate for a change. I think an actual conservative would have a much better shot against Hillary.

Now, if the Republican establishment would only bother to support one. That's the biggest hurdle. Conservatives simply aren't represented.