Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Sexually suggestive ObamaCare ad called 'degrading' to women 

A sexually suggestive advertising campaign in support of Colorado's health insurance exchange is taking heat, after the latest ad featured a woman boasting about her birth control while wondering how to get her man "between the covers."

The ad, by ProgressNow Colorado and the Colorado Consumer Health Initiative, is being hammered as demeaning to women. It follows a prior ad from the same campaign featuring young men doing keg stands, under the banner "Got Insurance?"

"It's degrading to women, and it says a lot about what they think of America's youth today," Rep. Cory Gardner, R-Colo., said of the latest ad.

The new ad shows a woman holding a packet of birth control pills, while a suave-looking young man stands next to her with his arm around her waist.

The caption reads: "OMG, he's hot! Let's hope he's as easy to get as this birth control. My health insurance covers the pill, which means all I have to worry about is getting him between the covers."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...ning-to-women/

Modeled after the “Got Milk?” ads, the latest print and web promos pander to young people with pop-culture memes and entitlement-friendly appeals. The dumbed-down website address: doyougotinsurance.com. Last month, while federal and state Obamacare exchange sites 404′ed, the Colorado marketing buffoons LOL’ed. Their “Brosurance” ads featured frat boys with red solo cups guzzling beer, playing golf and celebrating government with a “Thanks, Obamacare!” smile.

ProgressNow’s Alan Franklin boasted about his coverage. Media coverage, that is: “Within the first few weeks, ‘Brosurance’ has been featured by The Wall Street Journal, The Atlantic, CNN, MSNBC, Conan O’Brien, Bill Maher and Roll Call, as well as the front page of Buzzfeed and Jezebel, just to name a few. Just in the first 24 hours of the campaign’s launch alone, #Brosurance was mentioned more than six million times on Twitter, and #GotInsurance more than 1.7 million times. Yes. The ads went viral.” Priorities.

http://michellemalkin.com/2013/11/13...-and-circuses/

There's more than that one:

11 ObamaCare Ads So Desperate Only Pathetic Losers Think They’re Cool http://www.ijreview.com/2013/11/9396...ing-beer-fund/

Emily Hulsey | On 12, Nov 2013
    The latest series of Thanks Obamacare ads are both a complete disrespect to young people and a desperate attempt to draw in this demographic, whose participation is key to making the exchanges work.

While the wording in each of these ads is already pretty bad, here’s an honest look at the messages they are really trying to convey to Millennials:

#1 – Thanks, Obamacare, for making reckless sexual decisions that could ultimately affect the rest of my life seem like they are cool:

#2 – Thanks, Obamacare, for finally letting me exercise. Before mandated health insurance, it was far to risky to stay healthy:

#3 – Thanks, Obamacare, for making it seem like unprotected sex with Ryan Gosling is a good idea:

#4 – Thanks, Obamacare, for allowing me to make dangerous binge drinking a priority over my health:

#5 – Thanks, Obamacare, for letting me act irresponsibly for the rest of my life:

#6 – Thanks, Obamacare, for finally making excessive drinking cool and healthy:
    #7 – Thanks, Obamacare, for my part-time job I have since very few are hiring:

#8 – Thanks, Obamacare, for giving me another reason to want to run away with a celebrity who is probably just making me another notch on his bedpost:

#9 – Thanks, Obamacare, for reminding me that it’s okay if I act irresponsibly:

#10 – Thanks, Obamacare, for helping me to realize that actions don’t have consequences:

#11 – Thanks, Obamacare, for giving me one last excuse to get wasted (like I really needed one):
    Spreading STDs, promoting drinking while exercising — what a shock that these people promoting ObamaCare would know nothing about healthy lifestyles.Also: Do you got insurance? What kind of laughable grammar is that?

Maybe I'm completely out of touch with today's young people, but I can't imagine anyone buying insurance because they wanted to have sex with a cardboard cutout of Ryan Gosling (I mean, that's assuming that the real Ryan Gosling isn't a cardboard cutout, I've never actually seen him in anything, so I don't know for sure). Of course, I thought that the Lena Dunham ad about "your first time" was incredibly idiotic, but it seems to have resonated with idiots, er, uh, Democrats, no, make that idiot/Democrats, so what do I know? Maybe decades of letting Democrats control education has produced a generation of utter morons who actually respond to this kind of stupidity.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

It's always amusing when advertising executives in their 40s and 50s try to be cool for the 20 somethings.

Oh, wait a minute-I'm one of those people in my 40s/50s, now. I'm just a social worker with teenagers, not an advertising exec. I don't even try to be cool with them. I'm older than most of their mothers, at this point, and I'm around the age of some of their grandmothers (this is Detroit, after all).

Even after reading numerous stories about these ads, I still can't believe they are real. I feel like I'm living in an alternate universe.
    2011 CU Fantasy Baseball Champion

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    It's always amusing when advertising executives in their 40s and 50s try to be cool for the 20 somethings.

Oh, wait a minute-I'm one of those people in my 40s/50s, now. I'm just a social worker with teenagers, not an advertising exec. I don't even try to be cool with them. I'm older than most of their mothers, at this point, and I'm around the age of some of their grandmothers (this is Detroit, after all).
    Up until now, I've dismissed the paranoid rants about Republican sabotage coming from DU and the like, but if it came out that these ads were put out by Republicans who were trying to sabotage the sign-up process, it would make more sense than a 50-something trying to relate to 20-somethings.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Up until now, I've dismissed the paranoid rants about Republican sabotage coming from DU and the like, but if it came out that these ads were put out by Republicans who were trying to sabotage the sign-up process, it would make more sense than a 50-something trying to relate to 20-somethings.
    It could just be a case of the government picking the lowest bidder again. These ads seem every bit as functional as the Obamacare website.

Apparently targeted for the demographic mostly containing the people in all the clips that show up on "World's Dumbest."

Since the models seem to mostly reflect under-26 singles, one wonders why they would be buying insurance at all, instead of simply continuing to free-ride their parents' policies.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    It could just be a case of the government picking the lowest bidder again. These ads seem every bit as functional as the Obamacare website.
    Except that the government didn't pick the lowest bidder, they picked Michelle's pals to funnel the money to. I suspect a certain amount of cronyism may have driven these ads, too. It would explain a lot.
    --Odysseus

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Except that the government didn't pick the lowest bidder, they picked Michelle's pals to funnel the money to. I suspect a certain amount of cronyism may have driven these ads, too. It would explain a lot.
    True. Contrary to popular stereotypes, government contracts are NOT 'Low bidder' for high-dollar, unique items; they are supposed to use a system called 'Best value' with stated evaluation criteria and weighting. There is of course immense room to screw with this when people with no integrity and political payback agendas get mixed up in it. 'Low bidder' is used for commodity-like or off-the-shelf purchases of goods and services.