Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The funny thing is that for what the government is spending on this program, ads, hiring stars to promote it, etc it would have been easier and cheaper to put a million dollars into a health account and have people draw off of that.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    There's more than that one:

11 ObamaCare Ads So Desperate Only Pathetic Losers Think They’re Cool http://www.ijreview.com/2013/11/9396...ing-beer-fund/

Emily Hulsey | On 12, Nov 2013
    The latest series of Thanks Obamacare ads are both a complete disrespect to young people and a desperate attempt to draw in this demographic, whose participation is key to making the exchanges work.

While the wording in each of these ads is already pretty bad, here’s an honest look at the messages they are really trying to convey to Millennials:

#1 – Thanks, Obamacare, for making reckless sexual decisions that could ultimately affect the rest of my life seem like they are cool:

#2 – Thanks, Obamacare, for finally letting me exercise. Before mandated health insurance, it was far to risky to stay healthy:

#3 – Thanks, Obamacare, for making it seem like unprotected sex with Ryan Gosling is a good idea:

#4 – Thanks, Obamacare, for allowing me to make dangerous binge drinking a priority over my health:

#5 – Thanks, Obamacare, for letting me act irresponsibly for the rest of my life:

#6 – Thanks, Obamacare, for finally making excessive drinking cool and healthy:
    #7 – Thanks, Obamacare, for my part-time job I have since very few are hiring:

#8 – Thanks, Obamacare, for giving me another reason to want to run away with a celebrity who is probably just making me another notch on his bedpost:

#9 – Thanks, Obamacare, for reminding me that it’s okay if I act irresponsibly:

#10 – Thanks, Obamacare, for helping me to realize that actions don’t have consequences:

#11 – Thanks, Obamacare, for giving me one last excuse to get wasted (like I really needed one):
    Spreading STDs, promoting drinking while exercising — what a shock that these people promoting ObamaCare would know nothing about healthy lifestyles.Also: Do you got insurance? What kind of laughable grammar is that?
    So, According to these ads, if you can't get the guy to grab you around your waist, then get a friend and grab him. Same model in two pics. I don't see myself taking that site seriously enough to go there for my health insurance needs.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    Apparently targeted for the demographic mostly containing the people in all the clips that show up on "World's Dumbest."

Since the models seem to mostly reflect under-26 singles, one wonders why they would be buying insurance at all, instead of simply continuing to free-ride their parents' policies.
    Excellent point - maybe Mommy and Daddy are disgusted enough with Junior's whoring around and the Debacle Known as Obamacare that they kicked his ass out of the basement.

It looks like Junior is getting Susie to buy the condoms anyway, so there isn't a great financial investment either way.
    U.S. Army, Retired

Is it just me or should the website be called "DoYouHAVEinsurance?" instead of "doyougotinsurance?", I think these "progressive" people really do believe young adults are too stupid for anything beyond doing kegstands and shagging the next boy toy.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post

Slut
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Wibbins View Post
    Is it just me or should the website be called "DoYouHAVEinsurance?" instead of "doyougotinsurance?", I think these "progressive" people really do believe young adults are too stupid for anything beyond doing kegstands and shagging the next boy toy.
    They had to dumb down the web address so the Obama voters could remember it.

Wait....I thought people under 26 got to stay on mommy and daddy's insurance under the (un)Affordable Care Act? Why are they using people that look under 26 to advertise for Colorado's Obamacare exchange?
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Basically, these ads are trying to attract a very specific constituency. Expect the DNC to rollout out Drunken Sluts for Obamacare and Drunken Bros for Obamacare just prior to the 2014 midterm elections (which, BTW, will probably be the only midterms that the idiots in these ads ever get close to).
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!