1. #1 Mark Wahlberg Slams Tom Cruise: 'How F--king Dare You' 
    Mark Wahlberg Slams Tom Cruise: 'How F--king Dare You' Compare Acting to Fighting in Afghanistan
    http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...are-acting-fig
    By Noel Sheppard | November 13, 2013 | 10:24
    A A

UPDATED WITH VIDEO!
    As NewsBusters reported last week, Tom Cruise had the nerve to compare the demands involved in acting to fighting in Afghanistan.
    During a Q&A session at the premiere of his new film "Lone Survivor" Tuesday, Mark Wahlberg blasted Cruise (vulgarity warning):
    MARK WAHLBERG: You know, for actors to sit there and talk about, "Oh, I was, went to SEAL training. Slept on…" I don’t give a f--k what you did. You don’t do what these guys did. [Applause]
    You don’t. You know? For somebody to sit there and say, "Well, my job was as difficult as somebody in the military." How f--king dare you, you know, while you sit in a makeup chair for two hours. [Applause]
    I don’t give a sh--t if you're getting your ass busted. You get to go home at the end of the day. You get to go to your hotel room. You get to order f--king chicken, or steak, or a bottle of Cabernet, or whatever the f--k it is.
    Wahlberg elaborated on his experience making this film as well as his respect for our troops at the AFI festival in Hollywood:

In "Lone Survivor," Wahlberg plays Marcus Luttrell, part of a group of four members of SEAL Team 10 who were tasked with the mission to capture or kill notorious Taliban leader Ahmad Shahd in the failed June 28, 2005, mission "Operation Red Wings." Luttrell was the only member of his team to survive.
    Here's the trailer:

*****Update: video of Wahlberg's comments:
    (HT Entertainment Weekly)

About the Author

Noel Sheppard is the Associate Editor of NewsBusters. Click here to follow Noel Sheppard on Twitter.

Uncommon sense from an actor. Well said. And, the movie looks good, too.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Kind of hard to believe that this is the same guy:

The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Makes me think that Wahlberg has matured and/or saw enough in making that film to at least have a glimpse of what it takes to be a SEAL.

And viscerally rebelled at TC's statement.
    U.S. Army, Retired

Tom Cruise believes that his body is possessed by alien spirits, who have been trapped on this planet by their evil overlord, Zenu. I pretty much discount anything that comes out of his mouth for that reason.
    Last edited by noonwitch; 11-14-2013 at 04:02 PM.