1. #1 Dick Cheney: Even Bigger Monster Than You Thought 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Pitt is upset about Darth Cheney...

Thu Nov 14, 2013, 04:23 PM
    WilliamPitt

Dick Cheney: Even Bigger Monster Than You Thought

Dick Cheney: Even Bigger Monster Than You Thought
    Salon

You’ve probably heard that Dick Cheney agrees with Bill Clinton about letting people who are losing private insurance keep their old plans, as President Obama repeatedly seemed to promise they could. That’s not surprising: Cheney is a troll who maligns the president whenever he can, and piling on with Clinton is a special kind of fun. Yes, it’s outrageous that a man who has enjoyed many millions of dollars of taxpayer-funded medical care doesn’t give a damn about the uninsured in our society, but that’s Dick Cheney.

Still, I was a little startled to hear the former vice president express total indifference to questions about his heart donor in a revealing interview with Larry King (it airs Thursday night; here’s a clip). It’s a window into his utter entitlement and self-absorption, and he comes off as an even bigger monster than I’d thought. Most people would at least feign interest in the donor; Cheney can’t manage it.

When King asks if he knows the identity of the person whose heart keeps him alive, Cheney, who is promoting a book about his transplant experience, says no, and adds, “it hadn’t been a priority for me.” Then he goes on:

When I came out from under the anesthetic after the transplant, I was euphoric. I’d had–I’d been given the gift of additional lives, additional years of life. For the family of the donor, they’d just been some terrible tragedy, they’d lost a family member. Can’t tell why, obviously, when you don’t know the details, but the way I think of it from a psychological standpoint is that it’s my new heart, not someone else’s old heart. And I always thank the donor, generically thank donors for the gift that I’ve been given, but I don’t spend time wondering who had it, what they’d done, what kind of person.

The rest: http://www.salon.com/2013/11/14/dick_cheney_even_bigger_monster_than_you_thought

I find Cheney's attitude a little cold too but...

Response to WilliamPitt (Original post)
    Thu Nov 14, 2013, 04:33 PM
    russspeakeasy

1. I look forward to the day his name is in the headlines.

Response to russspeakeasy (Reply #1)
    Thu Nov 14, 2013, 04:33 PM

WilliamPitt

2. I look every day.
    May the FORCE be with you!

I hope that the donor was a DUmmie.

Quote Originally Posted by FDK View Post
    I hope that the donor was a DUmmie.
    Like they could find a DUmmie with a heart...
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

His apparent indifference IS a little cold, perhaps, but at the same time, it is psychologically sound.
    For the donor, and that family, yes, it may have been a tragic event, and we can all feel some sympathy for their loss.
    But without a great deal of more information, we cannot pass judgement, either on them, or on Mr. Cheney.

If I were the one with a donor heart, would I want to know the details of the donor?
    I doubt it, frankly.
    Would I want the hospital to know, so that I could send my condolences for their loss, and thanks for their sacrifice? Hell, yes!
    But I do not want to be approached years down the line, by some child that says: "you stole my Daddy's heart."

Progs will not understand this, but they would be the first to take that child by the hand and point their fingers... "that is the man that stole your Daddy's heart!"

The organ donor system within this country is as fried as O'care.
    If you have enough money and power (real or presumed), you can get what you need, regardless of circumstance. Mr. Cheney should count himself very fortunate indeed, to have received his transplant before the 'panels' take over. He may have found himself beyond his usable shelf-life date.

BB
    Social Order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain - Marquis de Sade

re:
    It’s a window into his utter entitlement and self-absorption, and he comes off as an even bigger monster than I’d thought. Most people would at least feign interest in the donor; Cheney can’t manage it.
    When's the last time you saw someone with an EBT card in the checkout line feign interest in the tax payer who worked so she could sit on her fat ass and eat for free?

Wouldn't it be sweet, sweet irony if Cheney outlives Will Pitt?
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

I'm certainly no expert on the subject, but my understanding is that UNOS has very strict rules about keeping donors and recipients completely anonymous to one another where ever practical. IOW, I don't think that Cheney has any method of discovering which unfortunate person donated his heart to him no matter what. This is done, as I understand it, so that donor families may never hold someone "guilty" for receiving a donated organ, nor vice-versa for a donor recipient. I wouldn't swear on it on a Bible, but I'd be willing to bet that it's fairly standard protocol to tell donor recipients to put their donors out of their mind and just accept what they have gotten.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Like they could find a DUmmie with a heart...