Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 CNN exclusive: Obama to offer one-year extensions to those who lost their coverage un 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    CNN exclusive: Obama to offer one-year extensions to those who lost their coverage under Obamacare.

Breaking on CNN.com.

Fearless Leader to talk at 11:35am
    May the FORCE be with you!

The nonnegotiable, fall-on-your-sword, scorched-earth-back-to-the-Fatherland contrary position Obama took on this just six weeks ago in the budget/debt stand-off HAS to have some political cost, even for an affirmative action President the MSM wants to fellate at every opportunity.

This is too little, too late. All those cancellation notices have gone out, unlike HHS, the insurance companies couldn't wait until the deadline to implement the ACA. Because of those terminations, the risk pool has already been destroyed, that shattered teacup can't be put back together by Imperial decree.

Still no POTUS at 11:55...

It would have been sooooo much easier if he'd listened to the Republicans in the first place, and delayed things a year. Now, there's a lot of repair work to do. He's just an egotistical sack of lyin' shit!

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    It would have been sooooo much easier if he'd listened to the Republicans in the first place, and delayed things a year. Now, there's a lot of repair work to do.
    We'll see if the low information voter agrees with us. They might see Obama as divorced from his own legislation, even though the bill is referred to by his own name in the media. If that's the case, they'll see Obama as their great savior for offering a 1 year delay.

If Obama really means this, he'll do it by executive order (like the corporate delay). If this is just to make the GOP look bad for 2014, he'll try to ram it though Congress.

Howard Dean: I Wonder If Obama Has the 'Legal Authority to Do This'
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...do_767096.html

Former Democratic presidential candidate Howard Dean questioned whether President Obama has the "legal authority" to carry out the Obamacare fix the White House outlined today:

“I wonder if he has the legal authority to do this, since this was a congressional bill that set this up,” said Dean of Obama's proposed fix.

The former Vermont governor suggested that since the Obamacare website isn't working, the president's signature legislation might fail

'Fairy Tale' Continues as Obama Proposes Extralegal Obamacare Fix

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...ix_767089.html

...In remarks today at the White House today, Obama said, "I completely get how upsetting this can be" lose insurance plans that I promised Americans would be able to keep. "To those Americans, I hear you loud and clear."

But there's a catch with president's proposed solution. The president is not proposing that the law be changed to allow all health insurance plans grandfathered into Obamacare's eligibility requirements.

No, instead the White House is saying that it will use "enforcement discretion" to allow illegal health insurance plans to be able to still be sold. That is, the Obama administration will not enforce the penalty on individuals for not having eligible health insurance plans and they'll allow the insurance companies to still sell so-called bad plans -- plans they technically can't sell under Obamacare.

"Under the White House’s approach, the Department of Health and Human Services will notify the nation’s state insurance commissioners that they have federal permission to allow consumers who already have such insurance policies to keep them through 2014," reports the Washington Post.

He'll also be forcing insurance companies to help advertise for Obamacare by letting customers know that there's an Obamacare marketplace where they can purchase (or get subsidized) health care coverage.

Obama's proposal is an extra-legal solution to a big problem for millions of Americans around the country.

"I don't see within the law how they can do this administratively," said Speaker John Boehner in a press conference on Capitol Hill. "No one can identify anything the president could do administratively to keep his pledge that would be both legal and effective."

The proposed White House fix so that Obama can honor his commitment is also likely to create more problems and to further distrust the American people have for this administration, which makes law based on what it chooses to enforce while sidestepping the constitutional process that is in place.

Indeed, there's another problem. As Texas senator Ted Cruz says, the president cannot fix an unfixable law. "We cannot 'fix' Obamacare. The damage has been done, as millions of Americans have already been made to pay higher premiums and lose their jobs, wages, and health care plans," Cruz said today.

President Clinton famously dismissed Obama's candidacy for president of the United States by saying, "Give me a break. This whole thing is the biggest fairy tale I have ever seen."

With Obama's reliance on "enforcement discretion," it would now seem that Clinton had a point -- and that the "fairy tale" continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    We'll see if the low information voter agrees with us. They might see Obama as divorced from his own legislation, even though the bill is referred to by his own name in the media. If that's the case, they'll see Obama as their great savior for offering a 1 year delay.

If Obama really means this, he'll do it by executive order (like the corporate delay). If this is just to make the GOP look bad for 2014, he'll try to ram it though Congress.
    the low information voter is so low that if they were to actually divorce Barry from the legislation that bears his name, albeit informally, it wouldn't surprise me a bit.

And he'll do whatever it takes to make everybody else BUT him look bad. He cannot be trusted to act in good faith on anything.
    U.S. Army, Retired

Here's why Oblahblah had to speak today:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...from-obamacare

Vulnerable Democrats are scrambling to find ways to stand apart from the White House on ObamaCare as the rollout of the high-profile law continues to struggle — and threatens their reelections.

A number of red state Democrats in the House and Senate are rushing to embrace legislation to amend ObamaCare, seeking to improve parts of the law that have led to public outrage, and insulate themselves from attacks as they head into election year in 2014.

Sens. Mary Landrieu (D-La.), Kay Hagan (D-N.C.), Mark Begich (D-Alaska) and Mark Pryor (D-Ark.) have all supported different changes to the law in recent days.

Reps. John Barrow (D-Ga.) and Mike McIntyre (D-N.C.), both top GOP targets who voted against ObamaCare in the first place, have joined a GOP-led bill aimed at keeping people from losing their current insurance policies. Other House Democrats haven’t ruled out voting for similar legislation.

The widespread action is a sign that Democrats facing tough races are increasingly worried about the law’s adverse effects on their reelection chances.

“A lot of members are very concerned,” said Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.), who has talked to several nervous members from swing districts.

If the White House doesn’t quickly offer an alternate solution, Connolly warned more Democrats would back Rep. Fred Upton’s (R-Mich.) legislation, which would grandfather in all plans that would be canceled by the law’s requirements....

When it's good news, it's always----Me,I.

Now that it's bad news, it's ---We---.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    When it's good news, it's always----Me,I.

Now that it's bad news, it's Bush's fault.
    Fixxored.