1. #1 Charlie Rangel: ‘Saying You’re Sorry Doesn’t Help Me Worth a Damn at the Polls’ 
    Nice to know his peach pit of a heart is in the right place...

Charlie Rangel Blasts Obama: ‘Saying You’re Sorry Doesn’t Help Me Worth a Damn at the Polls’
    http://www.mediaite.com/online/charl...-at-the-polls/

Democrats are not happy with how the continued Obamacare rollout boxed them into a corner next week, and a few of them are speaking out, including New York’s Charlie Rangel, who’s shown a willingness to publicly criticize President Obama in the past. This time Rangel took on the president for his weak apology for all the problems surrounding the health care law...

Rangel wasn’t satisfied by any of Obama’s explanation at all, according to the New York Daily News.

"Still, some Democrats called for making legislative changes in addition to those Obama announced. Democrats said that colleagues vulnerable in next year’s election remained concerned about a backlash from voters.

“If I had the problem, saying you’re sorry doesn’t help me worth a damn at the polls, unless I can staple your remarks to the ballot,” Rep. Charles Rangel (D-Manhattan) said."

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Charlie best watch it or he might find himself being IRS'd...
    May the FORCE be with you!

I love the touching concern of those lovely dems. It's all about them---and their reelection. I don't detect much sympathy for all those gravely ill people losing their insurance--or at best, having the anxiety of waiting for some sort of half-assed solution.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I love the touching concern of those lovely dems. It's all about them---and their reelection. I don't detect much sympathy for all those gravely ill people losing their insurance--or at best, having the anxiety of waiting for some sort of half-assed solution.
    I agree. There are millions of people that are wondering what will happen at this point when it comes to health insurance.

Charlie is another glaring example of a professional politician who's gone waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond his actual usefulness. At this point, well into his eighties, Charlie is just another doddering fool who recognizes only one thing -- his hold on power. Anything that threatens that threatens him personally.

Any normal person would have retired decades ago. Professional politicians who go beyond a couple of terms are in it for the power, not for what they can do for their constituents.
    U.S. Army, Retired

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Charlie best watch it or he might find himself being IRS'd...
    It's already been done. He got away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    This is dead on. Rangel is utterly indifferent to the damage done by his policies, which makes him a typical Democrat. Unfortunately, his seat is safe. He is too well-entrenched in a rotten borough to worry about challengers, and if his history of tax evasion, indifference to the impacts of his policies and general cluelessness hasn't damaged his reelection chances, nothing will.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!