1. #1 Manager Embezzles Democrat think tank’s accounts 
    Nonprofit groups often seek restitution, not prosecution, when money goes missing

Three years ago, the Progressive Policy Institute realized that a senior manager had quietly used unauthorized checks, credit-card charges and cash withdrawals to drain about $100,000 from the Democratic think tank’s accounts, pushing the nonprofit group to the edge of insolvency, interviews and documents show. >>>

The institute declined to publicly identify the manager. Elizabeth Kennedy, who was executive director in 2010, left about the time of the discovery, and the institute’s financial records state that she has since “repaid” tens of thousands of dollars to the institute. She declined to discuss the institute’s loss and, asked whether she had embezzled the money, said, “No comment.”

Since leaving the institute, Kennedy has gone on to work for nonprofit and political groups in Florida, serving as finance director at one, documents and interviews show.

The institute’s loss was among more than 1,000 “significant diversions” of assets discovered during a Washington Post analysis of federal disclosure records filed by nonprofit groups across the country. >>>

Federal Election Commission records show that after leaving the institute, Kennedy worked for a congressional campaign. Kennedy’s résumé, posted on a networking Web site, describes her as the campaign’s finance director and her responsibilities as having been to “eat, sleep, breathe money. Money ..... and money.”

After the unsuccessful campaign, Kennedy worked in 2012 as director of statewide compliance at a nonprofit political group, the organization confirmed. A nonprofit union local in Florida said she works there now, as political director.

More@WashingtonPost

I knew that Dems are good at spending other peoples money but... now this too? Kinda makes you wonder ... just how much 'thinking' is going on in those 'think tanks'.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Janice,

This should be in the My Heart Bleeds thread....

Democrat logic is never one to second guess. This woman resigns from a business after shes caught embezzling 100k. Right? So where do you suppose she lands next? Well, lets see. Lets take a look at that resume shall we? Why, lookie here. It says right here she stole 100 large from her former employer... before she was caught.

By golly, I think we have a perfect spot for her right here. Yup, she would be a perfect fit as our new democrat campaign finance director! Hell... we might be setting her up for a future spot as Treasury Secretary or some such thing. Dang it all. I can see it now ...
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

That warms my heart.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg