1. #1 Never Thought I'd Want To High-Five A Teacher For Yelling At A Student, I Was Wrong 
    link

Star Member eridani (39,968 posts)

I Never Thought I'd Want To High-Five A Teacher For Yelling At A Student, But I Was

https://www.upworthy.com/i-never-tho...s-wrong?c=upw1

A partial transcript from a very powerful portion of the video, beginning at 3:19:

Elliot: “No. You don’t come back in here until you’ve apologized to every person in this room because you just exercised a freedom that none of these people of color have. When these people of color get tired of racism, they can’t just walk out because there’s no place in this country where they aren’t going to be exposed to racism. They can’t even stay in their own homes and not be exposed to racism if they turn on their television. But you, as a white female, when you get tired of being judged and treated unfairly on the basis of your eye color, you can walk out that door, and you know it won’t happen out there. You exercised a freedom they don’t have. If you’re going to be in here, you’re going to apologize to every black person in this room. And do it now ... and every person of color.”

Student: “I’m sorry there’s racism in this country..."

Elliot: “Bullshit! No, you’re not going to say ‘I’m sorry there’s racism.’ You’re going to apologize for what you just did.”

Student: “I will not apologize because it’s not a matter of race always...”

Elliot: “Out.”
    Evidently they played the "game" of blue eye/brown eye where the people of one color of eyes are "discriminated" against. One student became upset and walked out. When she returned the "teacher" yelled at her and said she needed to "apologize to every black and Hispanic person in the room" because she walked out. When she wouldn't she kicked her out.

And this...yelling at people for their perceived "white privilege" is the way to encourage and teach "diversity and tolerance"?

At the end they ask the other students if she "learned anything" and they say "NO".

I say she did. She learned that those who espouse "white privilege". "tolerance" and "diversity" are batshit crazy, intolerant and insensitive. instead of using it as a teaching moment the teacher humiliated her, isolated her and taught her what liberal "diversity" and "white privilege" seems to be really about.
    Star Member Warpy (72,785 posts)
    1. Maybe he'll get it. Maybe his parents will ensure that he won't.

People of color only catch a break when one of us doesn't insist on white entitlement. That means we have looked for it, found it, and refused to insist on its being honored.
    Liberalism=bring everyone down to the lowest common denominator, not bring or elevate everyone up.

Fabulous Poster
    All an exercise like this would do is piss me off and cause me to file a complaint against the teacher.

This always was and is child abuse. It is not education. It is Skinnerian behaviorist training and a way of inflicting permanent trauma.

Here is the PBS version of how this abuser, Jane Elliot, forced her own trauma at the shooting of MLK on her unwitting students. For all the children she has abused, there will be a place in hell waiting.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/divided/

Here is the abuser's website:

http://www.janeelliott.com/

I had a teacher who joked about doing this, but never actually did it.

A Liberal usally suffers from " White Liberal Guilt" and because they do, they think that if make other feel guilty, then that how you fight racism.

If you do this to kids who don't have any self worth, then this feel good guilt trip you lay out on them only helps push them into the waiting arms of real racists like Skin Heads.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    A Liberal usally suffers from " White Liberal Guilt" and because they do, they think that if make other feel guilty, then that how you fight racism.

If you do this to kids who don't have any self worth, then this feel good guilt trip you lay out on them only helps push them into the waiting arms of real racists like Skin Heads.
    I don't think that liberals suffer from white liberal guilt, I think that they think that other whites should suffer from it for not being as enlightened as progressive as they are. Notice that the teacher wasn't yelling at himself, but at a student who wasn't buying the BS. The correct response would have been to say, "You want me out of here? Fine. Take it up with my parents and their lawyer."
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Bottom line, as long as they (i.e. liberals) keep reinforcing this notion that all minority failure is due to outside forces discriminating against them - the longer they unknowingly contribute to minorities becoming [EVEN] more lazy, ignorant, misguided and immoral. And even more contemptuous useless pariahs on society at large. SO BE IT!

Me? I don't give a shit because I know 1. they won't listen 2. they won't learn 3. they will not wake up 4. and they certainly wont open their minds so their ass can follow.

Let them squalor in this putrid contrived myth of racism and victimization that Obama and his ilk peddle ad-infinite-um. I don't give a shit anymore about trying to convince them. One day they might discover that who they believe is their savior is really their jailer. Let em figure it out for themselves - or not... I no longer give a rats ass.