Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    "Baldwin claimed he didn't know that 'c***sucker' is a homophobic epithet". I didn't think it was either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I guess c**cksucker is about like b**ch.
    I don't think it was the C-sucker word that set the pansies off. It was because they claimed Baldwin followed it with "fag", which is what set the crying, whiny, just need to shut the heck up pansies off.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    "Baldwin claimed he didn't know that 'c***sucker' is a homophobic epithet". I didn't think it was either.
    I'm with you on that one. I am still unsure of it being an pejorative for homosexuals (kind of a terrible one for lesbians, if you think about it).

As far as what this Baldwin guy has to say, who gives a fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Question for gays: do only men suck cocks?

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    I'm with you on that one. I am still unsure of it being an pejorative for homosexuals (kind of a terrible one for lesbians, if you think about it).

As far as what this Baldwin guy has to say, who gives a fuck?
    Baldwin has a show on MSNBC, where he waxes eloquent about his loathing of all things conservative. Between him and Al Sharpton, MSNBC has given airtime to vicious bigots who have long records of despicable behavior.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Baldwin has a show on MSNBC ...
    So pretty much "no one," then.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post

I don't think it was the C-sucker word that set the pansies off. It was because they claimed Baldwin followed it with "fag", which is what set the crying, whiny, just need to shut the heck up pansies off.
    I do agree that's a nasty word that shouldn't be said. I think it's as bad as the n word.

So pretty much "no one," then.
    Just the usual suspects, the viewers of MSNBC (both of them) and progressives of all stripes who continue to make excuses for a fellow progressive who makes rude slurs while supporting all of the right (i.e., left) causes. It's no different from when feminists backed Bill Clinton when he was accused of sexually harassing Paula Jones, or when Democrats elevated a former KKK Kleagle to the leadership of their senate caucus and continued to refer to him as "the conscience of the senate" after he publicly used the N-word, or the eulogies for Teddy Kennedy as a champion of women's rights, whose driving record alone ought to have disqualified him on that score. It all comes down to leftist hypocrisy as they support one of their own despite his being a despicable bigot. Notice that Nova, who is incredibly attuned to anti-gay anything coming from any source to the right of Lenin, couldn't be bothered to denounce Baldwin, but if a conservative had said it, he'd be outraged by it. The left's meme when one of their own transgresses is to minimize it, move on (in fact, that's where Moveon.org got its name) and go back to the critically important mission of trashing conservatives. That's why this matters.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Just the usual suspects, the viewers of MSNBC (both of them) and progressives of all stripes who continue to make excuses for a fellow progressive who makes rude slurs while supporting all of the right (i.e., left) causes. It's no different from when feminists backed Bill Clinton when he was accused of sexually harassing Paula Jones, or when Democrats elevated a former KKK Kleagle to the leadership of their senate caucus and continued to refer to him as "the conscience of the senate" after he publicly used the N-word, or the eulogies for Teddy Kennedy as a champion of women's rights, whose driving record alone ought to have disqualified him on that score. It all comes down to leftist hypocrisy as they support one of their own despite his being a despicable bigot. Notice that Nova, who is incredibly attuned to anti-gay anything coming from any source to the right of Lenin, couldn't be bothered to denounce Baldwin, but if a conservative had said it, he'd be outraged by it. The left's meme when one of their own transgresses is to minimize it, move on (in fact, that's where Moveon.org got its name) and go back to the critically important mission of trashing conservatives. That's why this matters.
    So this is all just confirmation bias stuff.

Maybe the guy is just an asshole.

Well, yes, he's an asshole but the distinction that isn't quite made is that he isn't a big enough asshole to be called out for termination, condemnation and even ridicule.

The hypocrisy is astounding.

Again.
    U.S. Army, Retired

Oh, he is, but because he's a leftist @$$hole, he gets a pass. But, feel free to dismiss it because you don't want to acknowledge your own confirmation bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Eupher View Post
    Well, yes, he's an asshole but the distinction that isn't quite made is that he isn't a big enough asshole to be called out for termination, condemnation and even ridicule.

The hypocrisy is astounding.

Again.
    --Odysseus

Oh, he is, but because he's a leftist @$$hole, he gets a pass. But, feel free to dismiss it because you don't want to acknowledge your own confirmation bias.
    Dismiss what?

As far as confirmation bias, I guess you may be on to something since my bias is that assholes exist and this guy confirms it.