Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Dismiss what?

As far as confirmation bias, I guess you may be on to something since my bias is that assholes exist and this guy confirms it.
    You appear to be dismissing the point that Baldwin is getting a pass because he's on the left.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I do agree that's a nasty word that shouldn't be said. I think it's as bad as the n word.
    Are you serious? In what universe is claiming someone go do a sexual act the same as using a racial epithet? Or is it OK for only blacks to use this as well? Seriously, the levels of stupid you go through sometimes is mindboggling.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    You appear to be dismissing the point that Baldwin is getting a pass because he's on the left.
    Getting a pass? Sounds like he's getting grief to me. What do you have in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Are you serious? In what universe is claiming someone go do a sexual act the same as using a racial epithet? Or is it OK for only blacks to use this as well? Seriously, the levels of stupid you go through sometimes is mindboggling.
    I don't know what you just accused me of, but I'm pretty sure I didn't do it at usual.

You can say that somebody is gay without using nasty language. Nobody should be using degrading terms to describe a group of people. Seriously, am I really asking too much to suggest somebody be treated like a human being? I don't care who says it. Blacks, whites, liberals, conservatives. The f word is just a nasty word and shouldn't be used.

Getting a pass? Sounds like he's getting grief to me. What do you have in mind?
    Well, considering that this is habitual behavior (not simply the gay slurs, but the violent and threatening behavior), I'd like to see Hollywood treat him the way that they treated Mel Gibson, whose behavior was no more outrageous. In fact, given that Baldwin was sober when he made the slurs and physically assaulted the photographer, it's actually worse. MSNBC can start by firing him.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

So pretty much "no one," then.

I never knew that 40 years ago when I would overhear my grandfather call someone a cock sucker he was actually using a anti-gay slur and he must of been a homophobe for doing so.

They are just words and I could really give a shit less what people say or think.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    I never knew that 40 years ago when I would overhear my grandfather call someone a cock sucker he was actually using a anti-gay slur and he must of been a homophobe for doing so.

They are just words and I could really give a shit less what people say or think.
    Ah, but the left constantly tells us that words hurt, unless it's a leftist who is using them. Then it's okay.
    --Odysseus

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Well, considering that this is habitual behavior (not simply the gay slurs, but the violent and threatening behavior), I'd like to see Hollywood treat him the way that they treated Mel Gibson, whose behavior was no more outrageous. In fact, given that Baldwin was sober when he made the slurs and physically assaulted the photographer, it's actually worse. MSNBC can start by firing him.
    There you go.

Good. Now they can go after Martin Bashir for his hate rant about Sarah Palin, or Al Sharpton, for decades of violent incitement to riot (Sharpton has actually incited fatal assaults).
    --Odysseus